Author Topic: quick update on a triger  (Read 34038 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Re: quick update on a triger
« Reply #75 on: 01 Mar 2014, 16:06 »
its possible to motorize lets say only 20 at a time? so the refresh rate doesnt exced the betfair 20 RPS free? like a block in the trigger? and then trade only the ones with the volume that mets the criteria?
....never judge others! ..cause ya may do the same!

« Reply #76 on: 01 Mar 2014, 16:15 »
its possible to motorize lets say only 20 at a time? so the refresh rate doesnt exced the betfair 20 RPS free? like a block in the trigger? and then trade only the ones with the volume that mets the criteria?
Hi
I will do a template for the Locator. Please let me know:
which OU markets you want to trade, 2.5, 3.5 etc.
the minimum traded volume in the market you require
the time before the off to check the markets for traded volume before adding to My Markets
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #77 on: 01 Mar 2014, 18:16 »
hi mark.. the time to enter the market its a thing that im still trying to master unless you put something configurable , same as the markets but im testing it on 2.5 and 5.5 with 2 separated MFP profiles

« Reply #78 on: 01 Mar 2014, 19:41 »
Hi
Here is a Locator template.
It goes in C:\Users\<username>\MarketFeeder Pro 7\mlocator\

It will find OU 2.5 3.5 4.5 5.5
starting in the next 2.4 hours
with matched volume greater than 2000

these markets will be better to trade
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #79 on: 01 Mar 2014, 23:59 »
hi mark thanks agaain. will test it tomorrow and will give feedback

• All members
« Reply #80 on: 02 Mar 2014, 12:01 »
hi mark here is what happened to me this morning this was the only one that happened this the others closed well ..

« Reply #81 on: 02 Mar 2014, 18:24 »
Hi
I can see from your screenshot that even though you have a market refresh rate of 1 second, the actual refresh rate is about 5 seconds because of the number of markets that are monitored.

The main problem is there are too many data requests to be serviced within the limit set in Connection Monitor. This then forms a queue of data requests which gets bigger and bigger. There are two ways to prevent this: reduce the number of markets that are being monitored, or use a slower refresh rate.

The list of bets update is being delayed by the queue of data requests for the markets. You will need to increase the rate the bets are being updated in the settings:  Simultaneously with refreshing the market.

For the type of trading you are doing, it looks like a 1 second (actual) refresh is needed because you are always offering new prices and need a fast up-to-date bets list. It would be different if you are offsetting because the pair of bets wait to matched or not. I think somewhere in the region of 15 markets at any one time will be about right for this trigger.

• All members
« Reply #82 on: 02 Mar 2014, 18:59 »
ih markv, ah ok i got it so it became slow when it comes to close the trade cause of the que is full thanks for the note.. so with a off set i wudnt have that type of problem right? and i guess from your point of view is better then what im currently use right? ..or keep the strategy for only the back bet and offer the lay bet as a tick off set shud be better?

« Reply #83 on: 02 Mar 2014, 19:09 »
Hi
There are always limits to the number of refreshing markets and refresh rate, and available RPS.

Whichever method you are using, it is best to add some markets, check all is OK and actual refresh rate is good. Then add some more and check all OK. This way you will find the point where performance / refresh slows and you can then set your own limits according to your trigger.

• All members
« Reply #84 on: 02 Mar 2014, 19:28 »
i just found this and then i cheked with the first  goal..in this case the goal was scored at 88m and it closed with a big red after the goal has been scored? .. so along almost 90m the trigger didnt greened up? very wierd? or it have to do with the RPS? but with plenty of time since the start like 88m to close

« Reply #85 on: 02 Mar 2014, 20:00 »
Hi
The lay bets continue to replace at best price after 2 minutes in-play. I will put in conditions to stop it and will post an update tomorrow.

• All members
« Reply #86 on: 02 Mar 2014, 20:04 »
mark, i guess its better with a tick off set from what ive seen and tested and i guess its more reliable.. as soon as the back bet enter put the lay bet one tick below, what i want is consistence and with the lay bet being altered it ill not be a good thing in long terms cause some times it maybe be matched and other dont so i ask you to put the offset for the lay bet, the back bet can continue to do the same thing always the best price..it seems that is more difficult to match the lay bet the way it is right now.. and from your testing as well i guess you think the same

« Reply #87 on: 02 Mar 2014, 20:16 »
mark, i guess its better with a tick off set from what ive seen and tested and i guess its more reliable.. as soon as the back bet enter put the lay bet one tick below, what i want is consistence and with the lay bet being altered it ill not be a good thing in long terms cause some times it maybe be matched and other dont so i ask you to put the offset for the lay bet, the back bet can continue to do the same thing always the best price..it seems that is more difficult to match the lay bet the way it is right now.. and from your testing as well i guess you think the same
OK will do.

• All members
« Reply #88 on: 02 Mar 2014, 20:19 »
thanks  a lot markV

« Reply #89 on: 03 Mar 2014, 20:13 »
Hi
This version will offset for the lay bet.
New constants:
gt  green-up (offset) ticks
gm  minutes to wait after goal for market prices to settle
lp  distribute loss percentage

Testing notes:
Looks OK, but I have not been able to test a goal in first 2 minutes, so keep an eye open for this.
You should update the list of bets simultaneously with refreshing the market (settings)

Please use test mode when trying the trigger.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE