Author Topic: Rank/Favourite queries  (Read 1450 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Rank/Favourite queries
« on: 25 Jul 2016, 19:34 »
Can I please ask exactly what rank and favourite relates to in respect of win and place markets?

I presume that a rank of 1 and favourite are the same in the win market, but does this apply to the place market also? Is a favourite in the place market the most likely to place, not (necessarily) the most likely to win?

I've tried using winplace_rank from the place market but it doesn't seem to work - of course there's a chance I've done something else wrong!  ::)

Re: Rank/Favourite queries
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jul 2016, 18:38 »
newbielink:http://marketfeeder.co.uk/learn/articles/connecting-win-and-place-markets-in-horse-racing/ [nonactive]

Have a look. There are loads of topics on the forum about place/win market betting.

larp

« Reply #2 on: 26 Jul 2016, 21:06 »
Hi
Rank and Favourite are determined by the selections back price, selections rank is equal to 1, and favourite are the selection with the lowest back price.

"rank" is a selection parameter, not a variable, e.g. selections rank is equal to 1

use the sel_order variable with winplace_
selections trigger expression winplace_sel_order is equal to 1

Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 26 Jul 2016, 21:26 »
Thanks, Mark.

I think it would be helpful if MF informed the user that a variable doesn't have a match instead of just blindly returning "FALSE".

Oh well.  :)

« Reply #4 on: 26 Jul 2016, 21:59 »
Hi
If you are testing a formula or a trigger expression, you can turn on logging of trigger expressions in the settings, and it will write to the log exactly what happens in the formula. Or you can just pop the formula, variable etc. into the viewer and see if it parses correctly, see attached. If you use trigger expression logging, I suggest turning it off after your analysis, it adds a little processing overhead. 
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 27 Jul 2016, 13:37 »
Ah, I hadn't found that yet (even though it's on the main panel)  ::)

That's useful, thanks.  :)

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE