Author Topic: Read/Write to excel  (Read 2610 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Read/Write to excel
« on: 29 Dec 2012, 16:29 »
Hello again,

I know that we could read from different rows using variables like sel_index or so, but for the columns we only have the letters ... (cell_[name of sheet]_A1 for example) Is it possible that I can put in the formula a number instead that A ... something like cell_Sheet1_1:1 ??
I need to read/write to specific columns depending on market_id and I do not want to rewrite the entire macro to put it verticaly so I could use the row variable ....

Thank you in advance

Re: Read/Write to excel
« Reply #1 on: 29 Dec 2012, 17:01 »
Hi
I think you can do this using custom cell syntax S[column]:[row]
For example:
S14:2 is the equivalent of N2
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 29 Dec 2012, 17:10 »
If I need to use it as a condition :
any sellection ... trigger expresion... cell_sheet1_S1:1 ... is equal to ..."stop" or 1 or "" or anything ...
doesn't work
looking at the logs , the final expresion is the same  "cell_sheet1_S1:1" and not the value of that cell

« Reply #3 on: 29 Dec 2012, 18:43 »
Hi
My knowledge of using Excel with MFP is very limited.
The S[column]:[row] syntax is for applying the same formula to each selection, because the [row] is limited 1 to 3.
To access it you need to convert it back to the column name.
From the manual:
to get the custom cell addressed as S14:3 write:
cell_querymarket_id_N(sel_index*3+1)

Having now read this, I don't think this will do what you want. Sorry I could not help, but maybe an email to support?
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 04 Jan 2013, 23:07 »
Had to rewrite de excel and macro :) now it works by assigning a variable to the row number as the column MUST be a letter.. It would be a good feature tu put in a letter OR a number in the column place !

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE