Author Topic: red cards  (Read 1781 times)

Tags:
  • All members
red cards
« on: 21 Mar 2017, 22:06 »
Hi,

Not sure if its possible, but is there a way to look for red cards in a game?

Thanks

Mark.

• Administrator
Re: red cards
« Reply #1 on: 21 Mar 2017, 22:36 »
Not at the moment: BetFair doe not provide this info through the API, but we are looking for options.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 22 Mar 2017, 14:18 »
Hi Oxa,

Thanks for the reply, and info.

I want to extend this question, then, to perhaps query an excel sheet through MFP....

I can write an application that can look at a match, and find if a red card has been awarded, not sure yet which websirte will give this info, but I am sure I can find one where I can crawl it and gather data for a red card - my main query here is that if I can find a red card before the half time point, and add this as a flag, or 0/1 value to a cell in Excel, will MFP be able to read this cell and allow me to add in a condition that if there is a true/false, 0/1 in there, then if true, then don't place a bet.

I follow a strategy which is a set of picks for Lay Correct score at half time, and they have just introduced a condition that if there is a red card by half time, dont place a bet, hence the original question, and as you have informed me that the API does not show red cards, then I need to look at an alternative way - that is of course until Betfair API has this info to hand, and you can get it through MFP.

Thanks

Mark.

« Reply #3 on: 22 Mar 2017, 14:53 »
Hi
hope you don't mind me popping in here.
to set a condition based on a cell value of a connected Excel sheet, assuming cell ref Sheet1!A1:
and selections trigger expression cell_Sheet1_A1 is equal to 0

more out of fun, but there might be some value in this, you could probably also detect a red card from a match odds market price movement after a market suspension and the scoreline has not incremented. In the attached graph there are no goals as an Everton player was sent off, you can see the price for Liverpool came in, but not as much as it would if a goal had gone in.
sample conditions:
markets minutes since last suspension is greater than 0
and market_score1+market_score2 is equal to 0
AND
    selections back price dif over 1.00 mins is greater than 0.25
    or selections back price dif over 1.00 mins is less than -0.25
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 22 Mar 2017, 15:44 »
MarkV, you are always very welcome to contribute!

markoone11, you can do as MarkV suggested above.
Or you can do it without Excel altogether (I try to avoid it as much as I can as it is very slow). You can create a text file with the names of markets where you intend to bet and the name of one selection, say, the Draw:

["Czech Republic v Lithuania"]"The Draw"[tab]1

Where [tab] is the tab character and 1 or 0 is the presence/absence of the red card.

Be sure to put #all_active# at the end of the file (see the example attached).

Then import this file after you load all the markets and set it to recurring import, say, every 5 sec.
Then make your application update that file and put 1 next to "The Draw" of the corresponding market after a red card is flashed.

Using a trigger, check s_3_imported_1 for each market where you have imported selections. If it is equal 1 -- wait, otherwise do your bet.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 22 Mar 2017, 19:49 »
Hi Oxa and MarkV,

Many thanks, both of you for your help/advice,

I actually like the idea of both of these, and I think I will try and build them both and see which one works best for my needs - now that MarkV has shown how to look at a cell, I would say this is the easiest route, but I am also cautious because I have seen how excel does indeed slow things down/ takes up a lot of resource.

The help you have given (Oxa) is using "The Draw", but my needs are based on correct score, and the strategy is that if there is a red card, then do not lay the correct score at half time. I am not totally sure how to translate the text file into a correct score, because I need to know what the score is, in order to be able to place the bet at the right index.

I also like the cheeky red card incident where the odds change as advised, although, in my needs, it doesn't matter if there has been a goal, so market score 1 + market score 2 = 0 may not be right here. I think I will observe this.

Thanks again

Mark.

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 23 Mar 2017, 19:21 »
For Correct Score you can specify "0 - 0" for selection instead of "The Draw" and refer to "s_1_imported_1".
The selection itself does not matter: it is only a way to read the contents of the text file into the program through the imported value.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE