Author Topic: Refresh rate adjustment with multiple markets  (Read 2517 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Refresh rate adjustment with multiple markets
« on: 29 Jul 2015, 13:54 »
Hello again,

My second question for today (apologies for spamming).

I read a few topics regarding refresh rate and I'm a bit confused.

How should I proceed in case I have multiple horse racing markets which needs to be refreshed as often as possible (especially in In-Play)?

I would like to have market refresh rate at 0.3, however as I understood there might be some data charges from betfair if I will run 3 markets with 0.3 refresh rate simultaneously.

If what is written above is really the case, then can I have one market set on 0.3 refresh rate and other 2 to 1.5 refresh rate? Will this also result in some charges?

Basically, how to balance between low refresh rate on multiple markets and avoid BF charges?

Best Regards,
Alex

Re: Refresh rate adjustment with multiple markets
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jul 2015, 14:35 »
Hi,

Sorry you spent some time on this but there are no limits or charges now, if you bet above the minimum £2 as far as I know.

Actually, there are no charges now for refreshing the markets, only for massive amounts of bets. You can change the refresh rates of the markets using triggers if you still want to. Use a condition that multiplies the base rate of 0.2 by the number of markets open or something like that.

Larp

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 29 Jul 2015, 15:24 »
Transaction Charges if you pass 1000/hr, but the default limit in the MFP-software is 1000.  

If you use cancel then back/lay often on manny selections you are hitting 1000 transactions very fast!

Ofcourse this is another issue, but related...

« Reply #3 on: 29 Jul 2015, 15:58 »
I would guess if you are generating a betfair transaction number, and not on test, then that is counted as a transaction only if matched. 

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 29 Jul 2015, 16:28 »
I would guess if you are generating a betfair transaction number, and not on test, then that is counted as a transaction only if matched. 

For some years agao I had data transactions fees, and I think most of the transactions was not matched - it was lots of cancel then back in soccer market.

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 29 Jul 2015, 16:37 »
Got it, thanks.  :)

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE