Author Topic: Refresh rates for soccer trigger  (Read 2022 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Refresh rates for soccer trigger
« on: 26 Jan 2015, 12:41 »
I am currently testing a trigger for football, checking 3 markets at the same time in order to place a bet on one of them, the trigger developer set the refresh rate at 2 seconds, is this too low as i don't want to get data charges and at the same time dont want to overload the system causing it to misfire?
anybody any ideas of a sensible refresh rate for this kind of market as its all new to me!

cheers

Re: Refresh rates for soccer trigger
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jan 2015, 12:54 »
Hi
You should be fine. Since the recent API upgrade Betfair do not limit the number of data requests other than 1000 transactions / hour. Even at the old Data Request Limit of 20 requests per second, if you are monitoring 3 markets at 2 sec refresh it would have been OK.
http://community.welldonesoft.com/troubleshooting-8/data-requests-6441/
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 26 Jan 2015, 17:29 »
hi cheers for the reply and sorry i didn't make my self very clear on the first question. what i was meant to say was 3 different markets but on sometimes over 100 markets say on a weekend!

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 26 Jan 2015, 17:31 »
just read the link and the answers my 2nd question  ::)

cheers

« Reply #4 on: 26 Jan 2015, 18:58 »
Hi
You may need to experiment with the overall number of refreshing markets and refresh rate. I suggest you start with around 10 games (30 markets) and monitor the program's performance while while you add more markets. I don't think the performance will be very good with 100+ refreshing markets. Please read this topic for some more info:
http://community.welldonesoft.com/time-machine-31/selecting-markets/msg33178/#msg33178  
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 27 Jan 2015, 09:53 »
cheers mate i have been using the system via a VPS which is a lot faster than using it through my laptop. It was still slowing down on weekends so what i have done is narrowed it down and down to the absolute elite football on weekend as the other games don't get a look in (liquidity wise) to free up some data usage

cheers

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE