Author Topic: Reload/restart trigger without forgetting the current bet settings  (Read 784 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Hi all,

I have a trigger running with a standard incremental loss recovery system in place. For the most part, it works fine with no issues. It does however sometimes just stop working - on the outside it looks like it is working, it just fails to lay any bets even though there are plenty of races that meet the criteria set in the trigger. The trigger starts working again if I reload the trigger. 

Reloading the trigger is normally not an issue however if the trigger is in the midst of a loss recovery, it forgets about the loss recovery as soon as the trigger is reloaded. 

Is there a way to build a “resume” function in the trigger?

For example, the base stake for the trigger is $10 each bet is won. If the bet is lost, then the next stake becomes $20. If the trigger is reloaded, the stake is reset to $10 instead of remembering that the last stake was $20.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi
Set a constant to "remember last value" and record the current bet in a user variable with the same name as the constant. That way the last updated value should be stored in the constant.

btw is there any indication in the program or trigger log as to why the trigger stops betting? 
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
Hi
Set a constant to "remember last value" and record the current bet in a user variable with the same name as the constant. That way the last updated value should be stored in the constant.
I assume that the “remember last value” will just remember the value and use that as the next stake; however it won’t know that it needs to reduce the stake back to the base stake, correct?

btw is there any indication in the program or trigger log as to why the trigger stops betting?
I checked the logs; it seems like it’s getting stuck on 4 OR conditions:
  • Number of runs in the market is equal to 0 (false)
  • Previous triggered event’s status is settled (false)
  • Previous triggered event’s minutes since last suspension is greater than 10 (false)
  • Previous triggered event’s minutes since the off is equal or less than -10 (false)
Since it is returning false for all 4 conditions, it is not laying a bet (even though this goes on for hours and hours so one of those conditions should be met eventually).

I also should mention that I have ticked the option to automatically delete settled markets (keeping the last 10 markets).

Yes that's right, the constant (variable) will need to be updated by a trigger according to a win or loss. However, I just tested the remember last value. It will save the last value if you shut down and restart MFP, but will not do it if you click reload trigger, so I don't think this will help.

The only other way I think of is to use a trigger write the current loss recovery bet value to an Excel cell, and then in the betting trigger use the cell_ variable, but it's cumbersome.

Perhaps try not deleting any settled markets just to test? 
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
I have disabled the automatic deletion of markets and so far it’s been working fine. Thanks for the help!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE