Author Topic: remebering prices  (Read 768 times)

Tags:
  • All members
remebering prices
« on: 11 Jun 2022, 19:54 »
Hi,

I want to create a trigger that will observe the back price at the start, of the favourite in a tennis match. I am not sure how to store that value for use in a later trigger, that will use this price. Tennis does not offer actual_sp, so, if I store the back price in this event/market of the favourite, then I can use this value later on.

I tried a 'set user variable' where I initialise a constant as 'startPrice' setting it to have a value of 2, and then, 6 seconds after the match starts, I set the user variable to r_1_back_price. The variable is set to the favourite's back price, but this does not work for the next match.

So, I am not sure how to store these starting prices and allow them to sustain for each separate match.

So, for example, Match 1 has the favourite at 1.36, and match 2 has the favourite at 1.65, I will look to lay Match 1 selection at 1.29, and match 2 selection at 1.58, and for each, a corresponding green out bet at r_ticks(startPrice, 12)

I can do the majority of this easily, but remembering the start price is not in my knowledge.

Can you help? Can I do this? Is there another suggestion I should try?

Thanks

Re: remebering prices
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jun 2022, 17:14 »
Hi
Some thoughts:

You are laying 7 ticks lower than "current back price", and if matched, greening up 12 ticks higher than what was "current back price". So it's a 19 tick green up. Or: green up at r_ticks(bm_layp, 19)

Regarding the user variable, if you are using a constant to initialise it, it will have global scope. Ideally you want to set the scope to individually per market, or, individually per selection, and initialise it with a trigger.

Regarding actual_sp: have a look at last_last_traded which is the last recorded last traded price just before the market is suspended to go in-play. It should be very close to the "starting price".

Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
Re: remebering prices
« Reply #2 on: 12 Jun 2022, 18:51 »
MarkV, as always, you have rescued me. Brilliant!

Thanks so much for the help.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE