Author Topic: Remember action - rank order v selection order  (Read 767 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Remember action - rank order v selection order
« on: 07 Jul 2020, 12:37 »
Hi,

a question regarding the "Remember" action again I'm afraid.

Scenario.

Remember t90_market_id   Condition Time before the off <= 90mins
Remember t60_market_id   Condition Time before the off <= 60mins

t90_market_id_1_sel_name may or may not be equal to t60_market_id_1_sel_name because what was the favourite at t90 is no longer the favourite at t60.  This suggests of course the remembered list is ordered by rank.

So if you want to do some sums on the back or lay price of any one particular selection, you have to work out where t90_market_id_1_sel_name is in the t60_market_id_X_sel_name list.
Entirely doable and I have triggers that do just that.
However, it seems an incredibly long winded way of achieving it.

What would greatly simplify the scenario above would be if t90_makret_id_s_1_sel_name and t60_market_id_s_1_sel_name both referred to the same selection as per the Betfair order.

I have had a play using _r_1_ and _s_1_ in the t90_market_id_ names but to no avail.

So is it possible to access remembered variables by selection order as opposed to rank order?
If not, can this be a new feature please?

regards

Wez

• Administrator
Re: Remember action - rank order v selection order
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jul 2020, 13:13 »
Hello!

A much easier and more recommended way is to "set user variable" with the scope "Individually for each selection" at 90 and 60 mins, and then work with those variables. These variables will be associated with a specific selection, and you can then address them like a normal selection variable.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 14 Jul 2020, 08:23 »
Hi Oxa,

Thanks for the reply.  I'll have a play with that suggestion.  It's not one I have used before.
Presumably I will have to create a specific variable to track the number of variables created per event along the lines of myvar = runner_number at each t90, t60, t30, etc. time event?

Incidentally, would the following work given the previous scenario of the t90 favourite being different to the t60 favourite?
If we assume for the sake of simplicity that t90 fav is _1_ and the same selection at t60 is now second favourite _2_.
t90_market_id and t60_market_id are "Remember" action names.

set user var    t60_f1_ratio
value      t60_market_id_back_price / t90_market_id_back_price
condition      t90_market_id_1_sel_id is equal to t60_market_id_sel_id

i.e.    Would the result of the above be equivalent to t60_market_id_2_back_price / t90_market_id_1_back_price?

I ask because I'm not sure whether "t60_market_id_sel_id" in the condition field would default to t60_market_id_1_sel_id because of the lack of a rank "prefix".

Sorry to be a pain!

Regards

Wez

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 21 Jul 2020, 07:09 »
Presumably I will have to create a specific variable to track the number of variables created per event along the lines of myvar = runner_number at each t90, t60, t30, etc. time event?

I can't see why you would need to track the number of such variables, but then I don't know the details of your strategy. If you need help in analysing it deeper, please make a trigger request.

Incidentally, would the following work given the previous scenario of the t90 favourite being different to the t60 favourite?

No, it wouldn't work, specifically this construction:

t60_market_id_back_price / t90_market_id_back_price

will try to get the back price of the same selection (a selection with the same ID) as remembered in the t90 and t60 sets. If this selection was not remembered in either of these sets, the expression will not be parsed correctly. So this is not equal to the ratio of the price of t60 favourite to the price of t90 favourite.

Instead you could just remember the price of the favourite at 90 and 60 minutes before the off and then divide one by another, e.g.:

Trigger 1:
set variable t90fav to r_1_back_price
Condition: Market's minutes before the off is less than 90

Trigger 2:
set variable t60fav to r_1_back_price
Condition: Market's minutes before the off is less than 60

Trigger 3:
t60fav/t90fav etc.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE