Author Topic: Remember prices  (Read 3452 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Remember prices
« on: 18 Oct 2012, 20:39 »
Hi

I want to set a trigger if possible to remember all horses with a price lower than 5 for all UK Horse racing markets before 8am well before the bookmakers open as I find the prices closer to what I want remembered. I can then use these remembered selections to lay if they have drifted by more than 4 points at 1 min before the off.

I can set up the relevant triggers to remember the selections and select the horses at 1 minute before the off but my problem is I need to refresh all the markets once at 8am so the remember trigger starts after that I don't need to start refreshing again until just before the off.  I don't want to be refreshing the markets after the 8am refresh (after all the selections have been remembered) and 1 min before the off as this is unnecessary.

Any suggestions how this can be done?

There is a stop markets option for triggers but not a start markets option and from memory if I was to use the stop markets immediately after the remember trigger has done its job they will not start again so my trigger to lay at 1 min before the off will not work? Look forward to any help with this one.

Re: Remember prices
« Reply #1 on: 18 Oct 2012, 21:14 »
Hi
Use a very slow refresh rate e.g. once every 10 mins = 6x per hour (nothing to worry about)

Trigger:
Action: Set market’s idle refresh to: <your preferred rate for the 8am check>
Condition:  Global Current Time is greater than 07:49

Trigger:
your 8am remember trigger
add condition:  Global Current Time is equal to 08:00

Trigger:
Action: Set market’s idle refresh to: <your preferred rate for after the 8am check>
Condition:  Global Current Time is greater than 08:05

Trigger:
Action: Set market’s idle refresh to: <your preferred rate for before the off>
Condition:  Market’s minutes before the off is less than 12.00

You can adjust the slow refresh rate and the timings to suit your needs.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 19 Oct 2012, 18:10 »
Thanks Mark I will try that.

I tried a similar approach using two triggers to set different idle refresh rates but it wasn't that successful however I did not use current time I used time before the off which thinking about it wasn't the best solution unlike yours which is very specific so that should work for me hopefully.

I would have preferred if there was a way to start markets then stop them after the remember then start again just before the off as this would be better for both my needs and of course less load on betfair if we could all do this, but anyway your suggestion is a very good alternative.

I assume that I will also need to set the start monitoring option in settings tabs to say 900 as this overrides any trigger settings and the time set here has to be greater than any option set in the triggers i.e. current time.  I current use start monitoring 3 mins before the off so I guess that the current time 8am in the trigger would not work unless I change the settings to say 900.  Is this correct?

Presumably when setting Set Market refresh rate in a trigger this in turn overrides the default setting in the Settings tabs?

One other question if I can just to clarify the requests to betfair.  If I set the markets to refresh at 10 mins as you say 6 per hour does this get multiplied up by the number of horse racing markets. For example today there are 28 win markets so does the request total 10 * 6 * 28 = 1680 per hour.  If so is this still well below the limits?

Martyn

« Reply #3 on: 19 Oct 2012, 19:42 »

I would have preferred if there was a way to start markets then stop them after the remember then start again just before the off as this would be better for both my needs and of course less load on betfair if we could all do this, but anyway your suggestion is a very good alternative.
there is no start markets trigger action, so currently the only way to do this is to use a long refresh interval

I assume that I will also need to set the start monitoring option in settings tabs to say 900 as this overrides any trigger settings and the time set here has to be greater than any option set in the triggers i.e. current time.  I current use start monitoring 3 mins before the off so I guess that the current time 8am in the trigger would not work unless I change the settings to say 900.  Is this correct?
correct - I use 1440 (24hrs)

Presumably when setting Set Market refresh rate in a trigger this in turn overrides the default setting in the Settings tabs?
yes it does

One other question if I can just to clarify the requests to betfair.  If I set the markets to refresh at 10 mins as you say 6 per hour does this get multiplied up by the number of horse racing markets. For example today there are 28 win markets so does the request total 10 * 6 * 28 = 1680 per hour.  If so is this still well below the limits?
The connection monitor in version 7 is excellent. If you want to be safe, set the RPS limit to something like 15. You can also switch off anything you don't need e.g. AUS statement, market score, silks etc. So long as you are running one instance of MarketFeeder, are not using any other application to betfair, nor using the betfair website concurrently, you will be fine. Depending on the number of markets, I'm talking hundreds, it might get a bit sluggish, but the monitor will always keep the total RPS within the limit you have set. Since version 7 there have not been any reports of unexpected data charges.

Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 19 Oct 2012, 21:10 »
Thanks Mark that is very helpful and clearly answers all my questions

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE