Author Topic: Resetting a transaction count variable on an hourly basis  (Read 3309 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Hi,

Every hour i am doing my own set of transaction counting in a variable which i wish to reset on an hourly basis.

I can't seem, no matter what conditions, to get it to work properly, and only have a workaround where i have a seperate trigger for each hour of the day where i reset the transaction count to 0 one time only. This obviously only works for a period of 24 hours. When i tried to have one trigger with incrementing 'OR' conditions to check the hour, it was doing it across multiple markets that i was tracking, and therefore resetting it a number of times within that minute, and thus not counting the transactions within that first minute properly.

Would anyone have any suggestions as to what i could put into my trigger to do this only one time per hour as my logical thinking in this one aspect seems to be gone!

• Élite
hi
if you are worried about transactions per hour, why not use what is available to stop betting before the limit is reached.

condition

AND   selection   trigger expression   mntr_trans_number  is equal or less than   980

this will stop betting if you reach 980 transactions in any given hour of betting.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
Hi mcbee thanks for the reply. But there is a bug with that which im told by support is being fixed for the next release.

Basically my trigger may perform multiple back and/or lay selections transactions within the one trigger which only increments the mntr_trans_number by 1 rather than the number of transactions.

Hence, im looking for an Adhoc workaround in the meantime.

Hi

I take it mntr_trans_number is not working?

Maybe something like this:

Trigger
set user variable hour_start
value now_time
any conditions you want

Trigger
set user variable tx_counter value 0
set user variable hour_start value now_time
Condition
Trigger expression (now_time-hour_start)/0.000694 is equal or greater than 60

There are also fairly new time variables which I have no experience of yet, you might want to play with:
mf_second, mf_minute, mf_hour
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
Thanks for the reply.

I shall start working with that to implement a workaround. Has given me a different way of thinking about this which is what i was seeking, so many, many thanks.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE