Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Gary on 20 Sep 2022
  • Hi

is there a way for certain triggers to only run against certain selections, I have read about importing selections for auto trading but I would like other triggers to run against other selections and markets

thanks
  • #2 by MarkV on 20 Sep 2022
  • Hi
    Referring to importing selections, if you have a text file like this:

"Selection Name<tab>imported_1
    "Our Delila"<tab>2
    "Masterful"<tab> 2
    "Forever Proud"<tab>1

Trigger 1
    condition: selections trigger expression imported_1 is equal to 1
    .. rest of your conditions for trigger 1

Trigger 2
    condition: selections trigger expression imported_1 is equal to 2
    .. rest of your conditions for trigger 2

In the above example trigger 1 will fire on Forever Proud, and trigger 2 will fire on the other 2 selections

Another way to do it is to have separate text files for each trigger and use a condition:

Trigger 1
    selections name is in file ... path to text file trigger 1 

Trigger 2
    selections name is in file ... path to text file trigger 2

etc..     
  • #3 by Gary on 20 Sep 2022
  • thanks MarkV 

sorry, I meant for different trigger blocks.
    so one to run against selections in a list and the other trigger blocks to run against different selections in different markets

I had thought that when you have a list of imported selections, no triggers at all will run against any other markets.

I guess I could make an import file listing every selection (thus every market) and then mark them 1 or 2 as you have shown and the other trigger blocks would run against every market that way

cheers 

• #4 by MarkV on 20 Sep 2022
  • Hi
    ok for no import

trigger block 1 condition
    selections name is in file

trigger blocks 2+ condition
    selections name is not in file

for import

If you want to import values for some selections while keeping all other selections active for auto-trading (i.e. if you do not want to deactivate all other selections), place this character sequence on the last line of the text file:

#all_active#

• #5 by Gary on 21 Sep 2022
  • thanks MarkV!
  • #6 by jacfin on 22 Sep 2022
  • As a person who made his living designing computer systems I am in awe of the person who designed the MFP software. He/ she thought of everything.
    #all_active# is the latest example.
Pages:
Actions