Author Topic: running only specific triggers against named selections  (Read 1027 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Hi

is there a way for certain triggers to only run against certain selections, I have read about importing selections for auto trading but I would like other triggers to run against other selections and markets

thanks

Re: running only specific triggers against named selections
« Reply #1 on: 20 Sep 2022, 18:08 »
Hi
Referring to importing selections, if you have a text file like this:

"Selection Name<tab>imported_1
"Our Delila"<tab>2
"Masterful"<tab> 2
"Forever Proud"<tab>1

Trigger 1
condition: selections trigger expression imported_1 is equal to 1
.. rest of your conditions for trigger 1

Trigger 2
condition: selections trigger expression imported_1 is equal to 2
.. rest of your conditions for trigger 2

In the above example trigger 1 will fire on Forever Proud, and trigger 2 will fire on the other 2 selections

Another way to do it is to have separate text files for each trigger and use a condition:

Trigger 1
selections name is in file ... path to text file trigger 1 

Trigger 2
selections name is in file ... path to text file trigger 2

etc..     
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 20 Sep 2022, 19:30 »
thanks MarkV 

sorry, I meant for different trigger blocks.
so one to run against selections in a list and the other trigger blocks to run against different selections in different markets

I had thought that when you have a list of imported selections, no triggers at all will run against any other markets.

I guess I could make an import file listing every selection (thus every market) and then mark them 1 or 2 as you have shown and the other trigger blocks would run against every market that way

cheers 

« Reply #3 on: 20 Sep 2022, 20:49 »
Hi
ok for no import

trigger block 1 condition
selections name is in file

trigger blocks 2+ condition
selections name is not in file

for import

If you want to import values for some selections while keeping all other selections active for auto-trading (i.e. if you do not want to deactivate all other selections), place this character sequence on the last line of the text file:

#all_active#

Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 21 Sep 2022, 07:14 »
thanks MarkV!

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 22 Sep 2022, 04:30 »
As a person who made his living designing computer systems I am in awe of the person who designed the MFP software. He/ she thought of everything.
#all_active# is the latest example.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE