Author Topic: Settled Market Status  (Read 2996 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Settled Market Status
« on: 28 Jul 2014, 14:03 »
Hi,

I have a staking plan which relies on the market being settled (so it can decide what stake to use in the next race) the trigger does not fire unless the market it settled, on occasions I am finding that some races are never showing as settled in Market Feeder - is this is a Betfair thing or marketfeeder bug? Obviously my bot stops until the market is settled.

I use previous triggered event status is settled.

Thanks
Chris

• All members
Re: Settled Market Status
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jul 2014, 21:34 »
Yep, I too have had/noticed this problem. It can really mess up any kind of staking plan. Also, I noticed some horse races never go in-play even when its supported. Someone once told me that setting a market to settled/finished/in-play was done manually and sometimes the people at BF forget. I would imagine though these days that it would be automated but obviously not always. :(

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 29 Jul 2014, 22:59 »
Yes its strange - some days it does not happen at all, then other days you get it happen twice. It really messes things up! as I leave my trigger alone for hours only to find its only made 1 bet all day! - frustrating. I cannot believe this would be a manual process though - is it when there is a stewards enquiry I wonder?

cheers

chris

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 30 Jul 2014, 08:41 »
It could be a stewards enquiry I guess. It used to happen allot back in the early days of Betfair when they did settle markets manually. It could also be when there are runners withdrawn which happens allot these days.

• Élite
« Reply #4 on: 30 Jul 2014, 10:00 »
hi
if you are only betting on 1 selection per race, you can use the balance as a replacement for the last race settled,because the bets are settled quicker than the market is settled.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 17 Aug 2014, 22:36 »
Hi, how do I do this - using the balance. The balance is not updated until the market it settled?

I am also finding that the trigger sometimes fairly rare but it does happen-- fires even when the previous market that the trigger fired is not settled - i would like to remove this if possible but need away of only placing a bet when the outcome of the previous event is known and the balance updated.

Thanks

Chrus

• Nerd
  • Élite
  • I think I could be on to something here!
« Reply #6 on: 18 Aug 2014, 16:51 »
you can use uk_balance equal to uk_funds

whenever you have an open bet, matched or unmatched the trigger should not fire.

Please note that this will mean you cannot place any other manual bets is the trigger will not fire while that bet is still open.
Fortune favors the brave!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE