Author Topic: Settlement Delay [TCKT28052013STL]  (Read 2697 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Settlement Delay [TCKT28052013STL]
« on: 28 May 2013, 14:05 »
 Will variables with the pw_ prefix such as pw_1_sel_index be updated in Test Mode, if I don't download results from RSS Betfair and settle markets automatically according to last prices?  If they do update, how long after the end of the race will this occur?

This may be a question for support, but I thought I'd ask here first.

• Élite
Re: Settlement Delay
« Reply #1 on: 28 May 2013, 15:09 »
hi
this can take any time from 30 secs to hours, depending when betfair change the market status to finished.
if you are looking for the quickest way to settle a market then use the settle market trigger option.
add trigger
settle market      by last price
conditions
add block
at least one selections back price is equal or less than 1.05
and markets status is suspended
add block (set to OR)
selections back price is less than 1

this will settle the market as soon as the back price disappears (selection has won)
or if betfair suspends the market and the back price is 1.05 or less

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 28 May 2013, 15:27 »
Thanks mcbee, I'll play around with the settle market trigger to find a suitable outcome.  So I take it the automatic settlement, relies on the market being declared finished?  How annoying, I thought it would work at suspension by looking for a lay price of 1.01 -1.02.

• Élite
« Reply #3 on: 28 May 2013, 15:47 »
hi
it cannot look for 1.01 at suspension, because the market goes in to suspension for a sec or two when there is a withdrawn runner etc before the off.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE