Author Topic: Shortest priced horses, check their price before the off [TCKTONE-173630]  (Read 29298 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Hi mcbee,

Thanks for that. I shall change the delay time to 4 seconds and see how that effects things.

Two more things for now:-

1). In the trigger file, will the section 'close all open bets - distribute loss between selections' perform a green up (if I have any open bets which require greening up) or will this just (as the section is headed) distribute any losses for me?

2). I can potentially see that I may have lots and lots of unmatched bets flying around (with the 4 second delay added), so I'd like all unmatched bets to be cancelled as soon as one of them is matched. How would i go about doing this?

As an add on to this, what if only part of my bet is matched, what happens to the unmatched part? (for instance, I need to match £3.67 @ 3.3 but only £2 is available)

I'm only going to be starting with a small bank when i go live with this and I kinda figure that for each race there will only be a few bets that actually get matched (as I'm hoping that the prices go my way most of the time, but, if i do have lots of bets that go against me then the losses should be mimimised due to the stop loss).

Thans for your help.

Topman24
FYI - i can now attach files etc as I have posted more than 5 times.

• All members
Hi mcbee,

Ok, I've taken screenshots and added .txt files for the first 4 races today (spread over multiple posts due to how many I can attached and size restrictions).

Could you please take a look and see if you can figure out what is going wrong?

Thanks for the help.
Topman 24.

• All members
more attachments

• All members
final set of attachments

• All members
Hi mcbee,

Could you possibly tell me how you're getting on with this as my free trial expires shortly?

I've been trying to fix the issues I mailed you about myself but it's still performing 3 additional bets after the 1st bet has had the loss distributed. This does not seem to happen if the price does not return to the remembered price (which is correct as it shouldn't place anymore bets).

Thanks,
Topman24.

• Élite
hi
sorry, i have had internet problems, i am testing a trigger at the moment and when that is clear i will test your trigger.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
hi
the reason why there are multiple bets been placed is that you wanted to have the bot set to a more realistic betting as with betfair (the test mode delay timer).
this caused the trigger to place multiple bets as the bet is sent out and not recorded for the time delay that you asked for, thus the trigger sent another bet out etc.
so set your test mode delay to 1.5 seconds
set the triggers
re back
re lay
no more often than 3.10  sec

this will allow for the time delay to record the bets been placed.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
Hi mcbee,

Thanks for taking a look and for the advice. If i make the changes you have mentioned will my test mode betting still be realistic or do i need a new approach? I do have an idea of how to get round this but i'd like your opinion on it first if you think lowering the test mode delay to 1.5 seconds will not be realistic enough.

Thanks.
Topman24.

• Élite
hi
1.5 sec is fairly realistic with a broadband connection and betting above betfair limit.

mcbee

• All members
Hi mcbee,

Thanks for that. I'll try those settings and let you know how the rest of the trigger file works out. I've already got a change in mind but need to first see if everything else is working ok for me.

Topman24.

• All members
Hi mcbee,

Sorry to ask this again but it's been bugging me all day. I'm not 100% happy that my settings are going to match (as close as humanly possible) real life.

In a previous post you said to make the delay timer 4 seconds but you've also said to change this to 1.5 seconds and then change the settings in the trigger file to 3.10 seconds.

I understand that changing these settings (as you recommended) will stop multiple bets taking place (which is what i require) but is 4 seconds the figure i should really be looking at for the delay timer or should this be different? If it is 4 seconds what should the re back and re lay be set to (in your opinion) to also mirror real life?

If 4 seconds is not correct what should this be (and the resulting re back and re lay in my trigger file)?

I'm not sure, (so hopefully you can answer) but, could it be my approach is wrong and I'll always end up with multiple bets no matter how i set things up due to how live betting works?

My bank (when i go live) is only going to be small to start off with so I cannot afford to have more bets than necessary being placed so this is really important to me that i get this right now.

Sorry to ask again but hopefully this will also help other members when they are setting up and creating triggers in anticipation of going live.

Thanks,
Topman24.

• Élite
hi
there is no true answer, because betfair has a queuing system for the placed bets and there is no way of knowing the the delay.
it normally takes a second or so for the bot to send the bet to betfair and get matched.
if it is a high liquidity market, the bets are matched very quick.
as for the settings, it is better to have the re lay and re back set to 2 times the delay setting, this gives time for the trigger to record the bet placed.

mcbee

• All members
Hi mcbee,

I will modify the trigger so the re back and re lay sections are 2 times the delay setting.

I've got some more testing to do and then afterwards I'll come back to you with some improvments I'd like adding.

Thanks for all your help so far with answering questions and with creating the triggers, it's much appreciated.

Topman24.

• All members
hi mcbee,

I'd be really grateful if you could please make the following changes for me to my trigger file (attached).

I've put instructions for the whole of the trigger (like i did in the first post) and noted which parts already work and which parts I require amending.

1. Take the odds for the 2 shortest priced horses at midday for every race for that day and store them all in separate variables (I guess this would be the best way to do it) which will be called upon a set amount of time before each race starts? ** You have already accomplished this part so skip to the next **

2. Take the odds for the same 2 horses of each race at a specific time before the off (10 minutes before the off for example)? ** You have already accomplished this part so skip to the next **

3. Compare the 2 sets of prices obtained in points 1 and 2 and then back or lay each of the 2 horses based on whether the price is steaming or drifting? ** You have already accomplished this part so skip to the next **

4. If either of the prices then go against you by x ticks (the price being the price you backed or laided at in point 3) then trade out for a small loss ** You have already accomplished this part so skip to the next **

5. If point 4 happens then open a new trade but in the opposite direction. For example, you've backed @ 2 but the price then goes to 2.10 so you distribute the loss (which happens in point 4), but, you then lay @ 2.10. This way I will start to catch the steamers that become drifters and the drifters that become steamers. Point 4 must stay though so if the price goes against me again then distribute the loss and open a new trade in the new direction.

6. If the price goes in your favour then leave the trade open. ** You have already accomplished this part so skip to the next **

7. Continue points 4 , 5 and 6 above as necessary until the race is due to start. ** This was not previously working correctly so this needs looking at **

At race time trade out and green up/distribute the loss for both horses. ** You have already accomplished this part **

I've attached the trigger I would like you to use as I've added in some extra parts for unmatched bets and not monitoring after the market has gone in-play.

Thanks for all your help.
Topman24.

• All members
Hi mcbee,

Could you please let me know how you're getting on with the changes above?

Thanks,
Topman24

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE