Author Topic: Shortest priced horses, check their price before the off [TCKTONE-173630]  (Read 29302 times)

Tags:
  • Élite
hi
here is your trigger,i have gone back to the old trigger and had to re think the strategy.
i have also added an extra constant to stop placing bets if the profit is greater that x.
without this extra constant set to 0 , the bets keep going and turning a profit into a loss nearly every race that i tested, so by setting it to 0 , you take any profit made by the green up, if you set this to high, then the triggers just keep trying to make a profit (greed always kills any profit).
the triggers place a first back or lay bet.
then green up or distribute loss.
then if the price is rising it will place a lay bet
if the price is dropping it will place a back bet
until the profit is greater than the set amount or .10 before that start time.

please use test mode until you are happy with your settings

mcbee

download the trigger below
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
Hi mcbee,

Thanks very much for sorting this out for me.

I will give it a test and let you know how i get on.

As always, your help and support is very much appreciated.

Topman24.

• Élite
hi
sorry, further testing has revealed an error in my conditions.

please download the new version below

mbcee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
Hi mcbee,

I've picked up the latest trigger file you posted today. Thanks for that.

I have some questions for you that I've thought of after doing some testing this afternoon. I will use examples with numbers as it seems easier to explain this way.

Ok, so, firstly, I've noticed that when the green-up/distribute the loss bets and the default back/lay bets are placed they are done so separately. Could these 2 bets be combined into 1? (where possible - i.e. when the price has gone against me), or, can they be placed at the same time?

Example:- First bet is placed - Lay £5 (default amount set) @ 4.90. Price turns against me so distribute the loss bet (which will be a back bet) is placed @ 4.7 (for example as I've set the tl and tp to 2 ticks), then (as price is now steaming) another back bet is placed for £5 (default back amount) at the same price as the distribute the loss bet (4.7)? Can these bets be combined into 1 bet? If not, can they be done at the same time?

Secondly, where the price is going in the same direction, can the back and lay bets be placed at the same time?

Example:- First bet is placed - Lay £5 (default amount set) @ 4.90. Price continues to drift so green up (which will be a back bet) at @ 5.1 (for example as I've set the tl and tp to 2 ticks), then (as price is still drifting) another lay bet is placed for default lay amount at the same price as the green-up bet (5.1)? Can these bets be placed at the same time?

Thirdly, (this leads on from my first two questions and only needs to be done if the first two questions cannot be completed) I've noticed that, after either the green-up or the distribute the loss bet has been placed, if the price has changed, by 1 or more ticks, then the new back or lay bet never gets filled (unless the prices comes back again). It seems to be that this bet is placed over and over and over at the same price as the last green-up or the distribute the loss bet. Could this bet be placed at the current best back/lay price so if it is not matched and then subsequently cancelled there's a better chance it will be filled next time round?

Example:- First bet is placed - Lay £5 (default amount set) @ 4.90. Price turns against me so distribute the loss bet (which will be a back bet) is placed @ 4.7 (for example as I've set the tl and tp to 2 ticks), then (as price is now steaming) another back bet is placed for £5 (default back amount), but, the best back price available is now 4.6, therefore the 4.7 bet is not matched. Can the next back bet (after the latest one has been cancelled) be placed at the best available price (which by now could be 4.4) instead of 4.7?

I hope that all makes sense, if not please let me know and I'll try again to explain.

Thanks,
Topman24.

• Élite
hi
i have altered the cancel triggers to cancel then back/lay at the best price with the last unmatched bet amount.
the reason why there is a delay is because you requested the triggers to be close to live betting.
i have spent a very long time getting these triggers to do exactly what you requested.
steamer,back
drifter,lay
green up
distribute loss
then re back if the price is dropping
re lay if the price is rising
all with time delays to allow for Internet to betfair and getting matched etc.
it is now up to you to develop your system by tweaking the settings and prices etc and that can take anything from 1 month to 12 months,allowing for the season changes.
please ask if you need help with adding a condition or trigger.

mcbee

• All members
Hi mcbee,

Thank you for altering the cancel trigger for me.

Yes, you're completely right, you've produced everything i have asked you to do and I know you've spent many many hours doing so. I do apologise if it appears (in my last post) that I wasn’t grateful for this. I openly admit that I forgot/didn't realise there would be a delay whilst placing the two bets so that real life could be simulated (either both bets in the same direction or opposite directions). This is not an excuse more so naivety on my part.

Thank you for the offer of future help with any further conditions or triggers that I am not able to get working.

I know I've said it many times before (and i cannot stress how much) but your time and expertise is truly appreciated.

Finally, can i just say that from my first post to my last one you have been absolutely brilliant. I wouldn't be anywhere near the position i find myself in now if it wasn't for you.

I will now try to develop my system by tweaking the settings and prices (as you've recommended).

Cheers,
Topman24.

• All members
Hi mcbee,

Sorry to trouble you so soon after my last post but I have noticed a issue with the latest trigger file. I've seen this happen whether backing or laying (although the screenshot provided is when it was laying). When the price goes against me, after the distribute the loss bet is placed, another distribute the loss bet (I think) is also placed before the default back/lay bet. Only one other bet is then placed (at twice the amount it should be), then no further betting takes place regardless of how much time is left before the off.

Please see the attached pic.

Hope this is easy to fix.

Thanks,
Topman24.

• Élite
hi
could you include the program log, so that i can see which trigger made the second lay bet please.
have you changed any of the times etc.

mcbee

• All members
Hi mcbee

Please find attached the program log. I've not been asked for this before so I hope you're able to import it into MF Pro so as to read it a little easier. If i need to save it another way to make it easier for you to view please provide instructions for me to follow.

The only things I've changed are the Constants at the top of the trigger file (I've also included a screenshot of those) just in case I've somehow introduced this myself without knowing.

I've also changed the first trigger - stop monitoring markets once in play but this should have no bearing on what is happening.

Thanks,
Topman24.

• Élite
hi
both lay bets were placed by the cancel trigger, but both at 20:30:16 , not 4 seconds apart plus 10 seconds from the last unmatched lay bet.
i will have to try and recreate this, to see what happed.

mcbee

• All members
Hi mcbee,

Just wondered how you're getting on with recreating the double bet i experienced with the latest trigger file?

Thanks,
Topman24.

• Élite
hi
i have been testing it every day, but was unable to get the duplicate bets.
this morning i looked at the triggers and the green up and loss triggers did not have the condition not to place a bet if there was an unmatched bet,so maybe they sent a bet out when there was an unmatched bet, then the cancel trigger cancelled only one bet(the other bet might have been in the betting process) , so i added the condition to all the triggers and tested on today's meetings, all is ok.

mcbee

• All members
Hi mcbee,

Thanks for taking the time to look over this.

I'm really sorry to say that I've used the trigger file against the last 3 races tonight and all 3 experienced problems with too many bets being placed and then an early green-up/dist the loss bet which resulted in no more bets even though there was plenty of time in all 3 races.

I've attached the program log for you and also the test mode settings screen that I'm using. If you require any further settings then please let me know.

I have not changed any settings within the trigger file this time round.

Thanks again for looking at this for me.
Topman24.

• Élite
hi
i am sorry but i thought that we were using delays on triggers only not triggers and test mode system delays, this doubles what should be.
please use the triggers as they are without any other delays.
i think that i have not explained the triggers properly and i am sorry for this.

mcbee

• All members
Hi mcbee,

Ar, right, sorry. I didn't realise that all the delays were now in the triggers. I shall set the test mode system delay back to 0 and re-test.

Cheers,
Topman24.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE