Author Topic: Shortest priced horses, check their price before the off [TCKTONE-173630]  (Read 29301 times)

Tags:
  • Administrator
Copied from a support request:

1. Take the odds for the 2 shortest priced horses at midday for every race for that day and store them all in separate variables (I guess this would be the best way to do it) which will be called upon a set amount of time before each race starts?

So first race is 1:50pm, price of 2 shortest runners at midday is:-

Horse A:- 2.0
Horse B: 3.5

2nd race is 2:00pm, price of 2 shortest runners at midday is:-

Horse C:- 3.2
Horse D:- 5.5

3rd race is 2:15pm, price of 2 shortest runners at midday is:-

Horse E:- 5.2
Horse F:- 6.6

Etc etc

2. Take the odds for the same 2 horses of each race at a specific time before the off (10 minutes before the off for example)?

So at 1:40pm

Horse A:- 2.5
Horse B: 3.0

At 1:50pm

Horse C:- 4.0
Horse D:- 4.5

At 2:05pm

Horse E:- 3.2
Horse F:- 5.5

Etc etc

3. Compare the 2 sets of prices obtained in points 1 and 2 and then back or lay each of the 2 horses based on whether the price is steaming or drifting?

At 1:40pm

Horse A would be laid in this example as the price has drifted
Horse B would backed in this example as the price has steamed

At 1:50pm

Horse C would be laid in this example as the price has drifted
Horse D would backed in this example as the price has steamed

At 2:05pm

Horse E would backed in this example as the price has steamed
Horse F would backed in this example as the price has steamed

Etc etc

4. If either of the prices then go against you by 1 tick (the price being the price you backed or laided at in point 3) then trade out for a small loss

Horse A’s price then goes to 2.45 so back it and distributed the loss (as you originally laid it @ 2.5 and 2.45 is one tick down)
Horse B’s price then goes to 3.05 so lay it and distribute the loss (as you originally backed it @ 3.0 and 3.05 is one tick up)

5. If point 4 happens and the price then goes back to the initial price you traded at, open a new trade.

Horse A’s price then return to 2.5 so lay it again (as you originally did in point 3)
Horse B’s price then returns to 3.0 so back it again (as you originally did in point 3)

6. If the price goes in your favour then leave the trade open.

Horse A’s price continues to rise from when you laid it at 2.5 (from point 3)
Horse B’s price continues to fall from when you backed it at 3.0 (from point 3)

7. Continue points 4 , 5 and 6 above as necessary until the race is due to start.

At race time (so 1:50pm in the first example) trade out and green up/distribute the loss for both horses.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• Élite
hi
i am working on this, at the moment i have got the selection process working and now adding the loss stop etc.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
Hi mcbee,

Thanks for the update, much appreciated.

Topman24.

• Élite
hi
here is the trigger
in the constants set
bet amount
minimum start time
time to stop recording (always allow at least 1 minute difference to record prices)
minute's before the start to take second record
minimum percent decrease for the back bet (steamer)
minimum percent increase for the lay bet (drifter)
take a loss in ticks

please use test mode until you are happy with your settings

mcbee

download the trigger below
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
Hi mcbee,

Thanks very much for spending time on this and producing a trigger file for me.

I'll test it out as suggested and let you know if i require any additional changes.

Thanks for all your help  :)

Topman24

• All members
Hi mcbee,

I'm having trouble getting the trigger file to work.

I've selected my markets for the day, started monitoring them all, made sure my trigger file is loaded (and active) but no horses are remembered at the specified time (the log file is blank) and subsequently nothing further is done.

I've tried to change the time that the selections are remembered but this also doesn't work.

I'm using the fully functional 14-day version of the software and registered last night.

Do i need specific application settings in order for this to work?

Whilst I'm asking for some more help I'd also like to let you know about some changes I'd like adding to the file:-

1). I'd like the default idle refresh time to be set to 15 mins for all markets prior to the initial remember time (so upto 11:59am)
2). At the initial remember time (12:00pm) I'd like the idle refresh rate for all markets to be 4 seconds (does this seem right so that the prices will be remembered?)
3). After the end of the initial remember time (12:05pm) I'd like the idle refresh time to go back to 15 mins (so from 12:06 onwards).

This means that:-
4). After the remember condition (at midday) all markets will have an idle refresh rate of 15 mins and then 10 mins before the start of the race (as specified in the trigger file by the 2nd remember condition) I'd like the idle refresh rate (just for that market) to be 1 second.

As you can see I'm trying to be careful that I'm not sending too many requests to Betfair as I don't want to incur any additional charges for this.

I've had a go at these changes above but I need you to look over them as I'm not 100% sure what the set idle refresh rate you put in the file is currently doing (seen as I can't get the file to work).

I've had to mail you with the attachment as there doesn't seem to be an option for me to attach it with this message (unless I've just not seen the button).

Hope you can help me out with this.

Cheers,
Topman24.

• Élite
hi
i have re tested the triggers and they worked as they should with no problems, so it must be your bot settings.
open the connection monitor at the top of the bot screen
set the request limit to 15, then press apply
open the settings at the top of the bot screen
select monitoring
set to monitor 480 minute's before the start time
save
load the day's win markets
the refresh setting is there to try and stop you from getting charged by betfair for over using the api.
make sure that you allow 5 minute's between the record start and finish
all should work ok, if not then please include screen shots of your settings

mcbee

• All members
Hi mcbee,

Looks like I'm having some strange issues then.
I've just restored the default setting within the application and then entered the setting you suggested below. I then created a very basic trigger file to back the favourite. This also does not work for me. No trigger files appear to be working.

I have checked that i have funds in my test account also.

Forgive me for asking, but, how exactly do i insert images?

Many thanks,
Topman24.

• Élite
hi
use the additional options below the post reply screen.
to take a screen shot
have the screen showing that you want to save
press the PrtSc key ( the 4th key from the top right of your key board)
open paint
press paste at the top left of the paint screen
save
you now have the screen saved

there are 2 lamps to look for
1 is at the top of the bot screen next to triggers, make sure that this is green before loading markets
the other is at the top left of the market screen, make sure that this is green

mcbee

• All members
Hi mcbee,

Thanks for the continual help.

I'm fine with taking the screenshots I just don't know how to attach them to my replies on here. When i click the Insert Image button I'm not greated with a browse window with which I can point to my screenshot, instead I get some text similar to img /img.

As for the 2 green lamps, the one next to triggers was green but the one at the top of the market screen wasn't green. After turning this to green the basic trigger file i created suddenly started working on all the monitored markets so i hope this now rectifies my initial problems.

If you could look over the refresh ideas i had (and the trigger file I mailed over) that would be great.

Thanks again for all your help.

Topman24.

• Élite
hi
i have altered the trigger so that the refresh rate starts at 60 seconds.
then to record the prices 4 seconds
as soon as the prices and index is recorded the refresh rate goes back to 60 seconds.
at the time before the off setting in the constants plus 1 minute, the refresh rate goes to 1 second.
you cannot set the refresh rate to 15 minute's and have your time to record the second price and start betting at 10 minute's because the race would have started before the 15 minute repartition/cycle ends.

you will have to check the times as i altered them for testing now

please use test mode

mcbee

download the trigger below

• All members
Some things to consider.
Scratchings, both prices will steam and not necessarily the same theoretical amount.

Do punters get it right or wrong? Who drives expensive cars to the races? Now you could say the bookies have a margin edge by having a round book however...

Horse C would be laid in this example as the price has drifted
Horse D would backed in this example as the price has steamed

I have done a fair bit of research on steamers and drifters and I believe steamers become lay options and drifters become back options in the long run. The smart money has already backed the steamer at say $4.6. Once steamed in the price is now $4.0 and the success rate needs to be x% greater than the $4.6 price takers.

I will be interested in your results.
Improvise Adapt Overcome

• All members
Hi mcbee,

Thanks very much for the changes. I will check them out and see how I go.

One question I have, when horse racing markets are idle (i.e. before the off) is there any delay when a back or lay bet is placed? I ideally want to use Test mode in exactly the same way live mode works so i can have confidence in what i see on the screen.
Thanks all.

Topman24

• All members
Hi londolozi,

Thanks for reading the thread and for the comment you posted.

Since I asked for helping creating this trigger I've already identified some things I'm going to potentially change in the future and your comments about steamers becoming drifters and vice versa is something I'm considering.

I do have confidence though in my initial idea so for the time being I'm going to be using the strategy as is.

I will (once I'm using this live) keep you updated on how I'm doing.

Cheers,
Topman24.

• Élite
hi
in the settings you can delay the test bet placement by 3 or 4 seconds to allow for the transfer of data to betfair and getting matched.

mcbee

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE