Author Topic: Simple trigger?  (Read 824 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Simple trigger?
« on: 20 Nov 2021, 23:54 »
Hi All,

I've just discovered Market Feeder this evening in my hunt for an automated system for my betting strategy, but I'm finding the design of even a simple trigger beyond my limited brain power.

I want to be able to apply a trigger maybe 20 seconds before the off on GB/IRE horse races on horses I've already chosen earlier in the day, but I only want the back bet placed if their odds remain at 4 or less. I'm also wondering if I can specify that they must be the favourite by an odds gap of at least 2.0 at the same time (20 seconds before the off)?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Tom.

Re: Simple trigger?
« Reply #1 on: 21 Nov 2021, 15:03 »
Hi and welcome

Your trigger should look something like the attached screenshot. You will need to refer to the help file to understand the trigger variables etc. I will explain the last condition's variable: r_1_back_price
r_ is variable prefix for rank
r_1_ is rank 1 (favourite)
back_price is back price

so the whole condition:
and second favourite's back price is equal or greater than r_1_back_price + 2.00
is your specification: that they must be the favourite by an odds gap of at least 2.0 at the same time (20 seconds before the off) 

Please test all triggers in test mode.

If you wanted a trigger written for you, you can put in a free trigger request here.

There is a learning curve for MFP but it will pay dividends.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

Re: Simple trigger?
« Reply #2 on: 21 Nov 2021, 19:05 »
Hi again
Re-reading your post where you say you have pre-chosen horses to back, I have modified the above trigger a little to take this into account.

selection names should be in a text file
in the second condition in the trigger, specify the path to the text file.

the rest of the conditions do the following:
fire the trigger at 20 secs before the off
ensure the selection is rank 1 (fav)
the selections back price is 4.00 or lower
second fav odds are at least 2.00 higher than fav

Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE