Author Topic: Simple trigger to count number of refreshes and average back price movement?  (Read 6577 times)

Tags:
  • Élite
hi
but it will give a false smoothness.
a leap of -40 ticks
a leap of +40 ticks
-40+40=0
giving a 0 leap smoothness
how can this be a smooth leap when it has jumped from -40 to +40 in 2 refreshes.
the only way that i can see you getting what you want is to use the odds movement and have a condition to only bet if the movement less than x number of ticks.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
in a perfect world you'd see the price move +40 ticks and then -40 ticks but the price rarely moves like that and if it moves that many ticks in two refreshes its extremely volatile and will show that during the 5 minutes before the off.

I'm just trying to find a way of gauging the smoothness of the back price curve prior to the off.

I have looked into calculating price volatility but thats a bit beyond me and dont thing MF Pro triggers are flexible enough for that without connecting to excel and dont want to do that!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi
I see it as a straightforward moving average (per selection)
leapvar is a variable holding cumulative total for b_leap updated every refresh (+ve and –ve added together)
refresh_counter as described
Every refresh calculate:
leapvar+b_leap/refresh_counter

Should give you a moving average b_leap
but this has to be done separately for each selection
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
Brilliant... is 'leapvar' a predefined variable within MF Pro?

Brilliant... is 'leapvar' a predefined variable within MF Pro?
no - I am suggesting it as a user variable
leapvar1
leapvar2
etc. per selection
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
ok thank you

• All members
If I have 12 horses in a race and one is selected because of its smooth moving average back price and other criteria I use would I have to set up 12 triggers to check each individual leap variable to place a bet on that selection?
Thanks

• All members
Cancel that last request for help... see from your other trigger help how to do that!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE