Author Topic: Small bets  (Read 1191 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Small bets
« on: 12 Jul 2022, 11:49 »
Had a glitch yesterday (only in test mode!). I had a small bet to go on (a lay), but it looks as though the lay part didn't get taken and the back bet did. Is there a way to stop this happening in future? If I use lay_price2 will the corresponding back bet still be put on correctly?

• All members
Re: Small bets
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jul 2022, 08:20 »
I've realised there is a setting to 'fiddle' small lay bets to 40p (which seems to have been the case here), but it doesn't explain why I ended up with a 40p back bet...

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 17 Jul 2022, 20:29 »
The saga continues...

It looked as though I'd fixed my problems by turning the 40p bet off; it has been working for a couple of days in test mode like this, but switching test mode off gave me a new error. It looks as though it's related to small bets, but I need someone to tell me how to fix it!

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 20 Jul 2022, 15:16 »
I was watching today as one of these bets came up.

An initial bet for £1 @ 1.04 gets placed, but then after that there is nothing - with an error message in the log.

I have "Allow small bets" set ON in settings, along with "Post small bets in one batch"; is it possible that the latter is causing the bet adjustment to be sent at the same time as the initial bet, and that is causing an invalid bet?

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 20 Jul 2022, 15:23 »
I get it now - the second bet it was placing was too low for the 1.04 odds. Isn't there an odds-based method that could be employed that was a bit smarter?

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE