Author Topic: Some Questions about how MF Pro Works  (Read 2669 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Some Questions about how MF Pro Works
« on: 31 Aug 2014, 10:44 »
Hi All
Got back to MF Pro after an absence and can't remember the following points and would appreciate some help:
1. Can I name user variables using the market_id variable so that each user variable name is automatically different. So, when several horse races are refreshing at the same time I want my user variables names to be different for each separate market. I could name a  user variable "var1_market_id". Would MF Pro regard my name as a string or substitute the market id for each market that the trigger ran in?
2. Does the remember trigger remember only selection variables or also market variables, because I want it to remember market volume? In a later trigger I want to calculate the growth in market volume by subtracting the then rate with the remembered value.
3. What does the volume_trend variable calculate? A moving average of the change in a selection's volume? If so, over what period / number of refreshes?
Many thanks in advance for any replies.
Ed

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
Re: Some Questions about how MF Pro Works
« Reply #1 on: 01 Sep 2014, 09:05 »
1. Yes. And there is another option of the "set user variable" - "individually for each market"
2. Use "set user variable"
3. A float value from -1 to 1. For the market history depth period.
Proud to be 🇺🇦
I'm happy to help Monday - Friday, 08:00-18:00 GMT
Буду рад помочь с понедельника по пятницу, 08:00-18:00 GMT

• Élite
« Reply #2 on: 28 Jan 2015, 15:11 »
Please can anyone please give me an example of a trigger with a variable name that has a variable in it - as suggested above (market_index or Market_id).

For instance I have a trigger that sets a variable called market_index_myvar to the value sel_name

When I put "market_index_myvar" in the variable viewer I see the horses name, but if I put 9_myvar (where 9 is the market index for that race) I just see the value in variable viewer as "9_myvar"

I must be doing something wrong as I cannot get it to work.

Thanks

• Élite
« Reply #3 on: 28 Jan 2015, 15:32 »
I have just found this in the manual - suggesting Tim, that you are wrong to say yes above.

"So, trigger expressions are parsed in this order.

1. User variables and Constants. For this reason you cannot include any other variable in the name of a user defined variable when executing a trigger with the "set user variable" action
"

Now totally confused !

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 28 Jan 2015, 16:16 »
Oh yes, alfaman, you are correct (sorry Tim), indeed a user variable has the highest priority in the parsing order, so it can't contain any other variables in its name (not even the names of other user variables). But Tim is right in saying that you can create a user variable individually for each market. In that case it does not make sense to put market_id in it.

Here is the order of parsing variables, just in case (you can find it in the manual):

1. User variables and Constants. For this reason you cannot include any other variable in the name of a user defined variable when executing a trigger with the "set user variable" action.

2. Market variables starting with the winplace_ prefix.

3. Win/Lose History variables.

4. General Variables.

5. Matching Selection Variables.

6. Market variables starting with the mr_ prefix.

7. Market Variables and Market Prefixes.

8. Selection variables starting with the prefixes s_, r_ and pw_.

9. Remembered Selections variables.

10. Selection Variables.

11. Excel-Bound Variables.

12. Operators and functions.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE