Author Topic: SP Betting  (Read 1122 times)

Tags:
  • All members
SP Betting
« on: 08 Jun 2017, 13:41 »
Hi,

I appreciate that I have asked this question before, but, I am now not sure if I asked the question properly, so I will ask it again...

I have a strategy that requires laying to a liability that I choose, and the bet is to be placed at Betfair SP.

I have asked in previous posts if I can set my bet to take its price based on SP. Of course, using this process, we are not sure if it will get matched at that level.

But, I can see from within the MFP interface, using the brief mode, that I can set my SP liability to be whatever I choose, and then click the SP button, and after doing that today, I can see clearly that it has placed my SP bet, and I await it being placed today.

So, that seems to work fine.

Sincere apologies if my question has been answered, but is it possible for me to do something in a trigger to mimic pressing that button? Or is there some way that I can get a "guaranteed" bet placed at SP. I have enclosed guaranteed in quotes, because this is probably not an accurate description. What I know is that now I have clicked the button, my bet will most likely be placed at SP. Is there a way that my trigger can do the same thing? So that I can get the selections, switch on MFP, and leave MFP to look at placing the bet a few seconds before the off?

Yes, I can do it manually, but I prefer to place my bet just before the off because betfair will reduce the bet if there is a horse withdrawn and the reduction ratio will reduce the bet.

Thanks

Mark.

• Administrator
Re: SP Betting
« Reply #1 on: 08 Jun 2017, 16:13 »
Hello Mark,

Have you tried the "back at SP" and "lay at SP" trigger actions? See the attached examples.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
Re: SP Betting
« Reply #2 on: 09 Jun 2017, 18:40 »
Many thanks Oxa, exactly what I needed!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE