Author Topic: Stake conditional on SP  (Read 2637 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Stake conditional on SP
« on: 21 Nov 2013, 16:55 »
I would like to back a selection in the place market at SP with the stake being based on the selections SP book % eg 100*(1/actual_sp) but the trigger won't place the bet with this price stipulation. It fires ok if the stake is a simple number or an expression not related to the SP. Is it possible to do this?

• Élite
Re: Stake conditional on SP
« Reply #1 on: 21 Nov 2013, 17:18 »
hi
your formula will give an error if you try to place the bet before in-play, because the actual sp is not formed until the race starts.
you can use your formula in-play or use near_sp or far_sp before in-play.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 22 Nov 2013, 16:51 »
OK, thanks mcbee.

So in summary I can't include a reference to actual SP in my price box if I am backing at SP before the off, but I can reference near/far SP and just have to accept there will be a difference. Or, I can use actual SP after the off in the price box but accept that my bets aren't guaranteed to be taken. Still need to do the lottery this weekend then.

• Élite
« Reply #3 on: 22 Nov 2013, 17:02 »
hi
yes you can use your formula but set the trigger to in-play, then the actual sp will be formed.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 27 Nov 2013, 13:50 »
Thanks mcbee

I am making a little progress here but am stuck on creating a user variable that gives the book % based on the near sp as opposed to the back or lay books. Is this possible?

• Élite
« Reply #5 on: 27 Nov 2013, 15:53 »
hi
here is a trigger to use .
there are no constants as it is for you to copy and paste the 2 triggers in to your set of triggers.

the trigger will form the near sp book% in the variable nbook.

mcbee

download the trigger below

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 27 Nov 2013, 17:38 »
Thanks mcbee

It might take me a while to work out what you have done there but there is do denying it works!

onebrick

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE