Author Topic: Stop loss best way?  (Read 833 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Stop loss best way?
« on: 04 May 2020, 09:33 »
My dilemma is - getting left in a losing situation due to unmatched bets.

I have tried distributing the loss and its doesn't always work leaving me with a huge loss.

I lay at 10.0 for £10 and the horse goes on to WIN I have it set at 100% profit this was working and getting me out for a small loss but now its not working probably due to being unmatched - does anyone know a further fail safe to stop a huge loss?

Wondering whats the best option to use?

I tried "trade out" that seems to just get me out to fast when I could be winning my bet so thats not a good option.

Trying "spread loss" now to see what happens.

If I can find a way to stop the bigger losses I then will have a good trigger.

Re: Stop loss best way?
« Reply #1 on: 04 May 2020, 10:47 »
Hi
At the best of times prices move very quickly in-play, and with the very low liquidity at the moment the prices will have massive gaps and be all over the place.
Betfair will match at best available price, so the way to increase your chance of getting matched is to offer a back bet at lower than the current best price.

Try using a back trigger with the price set to r_ticks(back_price, -x) where -x is your acceptable number of ticks below current back price. You can also use "best" without the quotes in the price field. This effectively puts in a back bet at 1.01 and will be matched at the best available price. 
OR
have a look at the trigger action: match unmatched back bets
OR
look at the Stop Loss options in the settings 

Spread loss zero's the loss on the traded selection with a much higher liability on the other selections. 

Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
Re: Stop loss best way?
« Reply #2 on: 05 May 2020, 12:40 »
Thank you great help 

Have tried r_ticks(back_price, -x) working well for me at around 45 ticks but it doesnt always trigger I got around 4 losses today and 1 didn't trigger the back_price but I guess thats ok as a fail safe to stop even more of my bank being hammered :)

Appreciate your help as I wasn't getting anywhere with the standard stop loss settings in the software.

I will try maybe one more to see if I can have two stop loss working together so if one fails another will stop the loss...

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE