Author Topic: tennis trigger  (Read 4302 times)

Tags:
  • All members
tennis trigger
« on: 30 Jan 2014, 10:34 »
Hi Guys

I could do with some help setting up a tennis trigger if anyone fancies helping me out.

I am wanting to lay a player in a certain price range (if it gets there) dependent on their starting price. Eg if Player A starts off at 1.50 I want a lay to go in just after the off at 1.25. I also want the same set of triggers to lay player B if the price comes in for that player.

Now to the complex bit (or so I think anyway). Rather than set up auto greenup for say 40 - 50% I want to set target prices to hedge at depending on what the lay went in at and I also want to set a stop at a target price too.

Is all this possible?

• Élite
Re: tennis trigger
« Reply #1 on: 31 Jan 2014, 11:03 »
hi
you want to place a back bet on any selection that has an actual starting price (SP) of 1.50 (or your set price), if the selections price reaches 1.25 (or your set price).
then you want to hedge the selection when the price reaches x ticks less than the matched back price.
do you want to stop betting for the day on a certain profit.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 31 Jan 2014, 11:33 »
Hi thanks for replying

If the starting price is between say 1.50 - 1.59 then i want a lay bet activating when the price reaches 1.25 with a hedged back bet then set at say 1.50. I also want a 5 tick stop loss on the 1.25 lay bet.

I am wanting to replicate this across different price ranges but I guess I could copy and paste the original and change the prices?

Also in the above analogy that would be Player A (the favourite). I would like to have another trigger for Player B say who's price is 2.90 where the lay bet is activated when the price reaches 1.50 with a target hedge of 2.30 and again a 5 tick stop loss.

Would also like to replicate this for Player B's different price range starting prices and target hedge.

Can we do this do you think?

many thanks

• Élite
« Reply #3 on: 07 Feb 2014, 23:42 »
hi
here is your trigger
in the constants you can set
lay bet amount
Mininum SP price for the favourite
Maximum SP price for the favourite
Lay price for the favourite to place the bet
Back price for the favourite hedge bet
Mininum SP price for the second favourite
Maximum SP price for the second favourite
Lay price for the second favourite to place the bet
Back price for the second favourite hedge bet
Hedge ticks

the triggers place a lay bet on the selection, if the SP price is within your settings and the price falls to your set betting price.
a HEDGE bet will be placed at the same time the lay bet is placed, ready to be matched.
the stop loss trigger will activate at your set ticks.

please use test mode until you are happy with your settings

mcbee

download the trigger below
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 11 Feb 2014, 09:30 »
Thanks, I'll give it a go.  :)

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 03 May 2014, 11:01 »
Hi,

I have tried this trigger but it has never fired for me. Does it work for anybody else? Maybe I'm doing something wrong as per usual :-\

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 04 May 2014, 12:36 »
purple, try analyzing your logs. Start with program log and check if it has any error messages.
Then proceed to triggers. Make sure they are turned on in the first place. Open the Active Triggers window and check if the names of the triggers are visible there. Start refreshing your markets and watch the space under the triggers' names. It must fill with a maroon text string containing the reason why a particular trigger cannot be executed right now. It usually gives you a specific condition that can't be satisfied at the moment.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE