Author Topic: tennis variable for number of sets  (Read 1172 times)

Tags:
  • All members
tennis variable for number of sets
« on: 09 Aug 2020, 19:24 »
I wish to add a condition to my trigger so that it only runs on tennis matches with 3 sets or over.
What variable do I need to use and how?
Thanks.

• Administrator
Re: tennis variable for number of sets
« Reply #1 on: 15 Aug 2020, 20:03 »
There is no way to tell how many sets the match will consist of beforehand (or at least not via the BetFair API).

When the 3rd set is already on, you can check this by using the following condition:

Selection's Trigger Expression tennis_current_set is equal or greater than 3
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 15 Aug 2020, 20:28 »
sorry, what I meant is that some games seem to be out of 3 sets and some are best of 5 sets.

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 15 Aug 2020, 21:53 »
if we were only interested in games where there will be 5 sets, is there a variable?

« Reply #4 on: 16 Aug 2020, 11:11 »
Hi
I don't think there is any variable to determine the number of sets in a tennis match, unless, as Oxa points out, the tennis_current_set shows 3 or higher.

As far as I am aware the only matches which are played to best of 5 sets are men's Grand Slam tournaments:
Australian Open
French Open
US Open
Wimbledon

Davis Cup men's used to be 5 sets but I think this is now 3, and men's Olympics final you can google to see.

All others are best of 3 sets

So you could use the market_name variable to include or exclude men's markets for the above list.     
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 16 Aug 2020, 13:20 »
thanks mark.
market variable is a great idea or i can set the market loader to filter the correct markets.

« Reply #6 on: 16 Aug 2020, 16:05 »
thanks mark. market variable is a great idea or i can set the market loader to filter the correct markets.
yes, markets name contains values in file
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE