Author Topic: The Endless Staking Plan  (Read 21939 times)

Tags:
  • All members
The Endless Staking Plan
« on: 26 Apr 2014, 22:58 »
In conjunction with my thread called "Staking Plans" in General Discussion topic on this site, if I am still eligible for the creation of a trigger, could I request a trigger for The Endless Staking Plan please.

I have attached a Word document which hopefully details the plan.

In summary, it performs a series of bets in modest progression, and when a winner is struck, it goes back by the odds of the winner. Hopefully, this regression takes it back to the start, where the progression starts again.

I would like to add the provision of the first bet of each 45 bet cycle being a percentage of the starting bank. 

Thanks you in advance.

bobh

• Élite
Re: The Endless Staking Plan
« Reply #1 on: 30 Apr 2014, 07:36 »
hi
an interesting staking plan, i will start working on it.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
« Reply #2 on: 30 Apr 2014, 08:57 »
hi
here is your trigger
in the constants you can set
percent of bank for the first bet
selections rank
minutes before the start to place the bet

the triggers will place bets as your instructions

please use test mode until you are happy with your settings

mcbee

download the trigger below
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 30 Apr 2014, 22:21 »
Thank you indeed mcbee.

I will test it over the next few days and let you know if there are any problems.

Triggers always look so simple when you or MarkV put them together. I had previously tried many times to create this one, but always ran into problems with the regression after a win.

Thanks again,

bobh

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 02 May 2014, 06:21 »
Hi again McGee.

I have been testing the trigger over the last two days, and can report the following:

The regression (ie stepping back after a winner by the odds of the winner) does not appear to work.

It seems to be permanently stuck on 1 - goes back by 1 step only after a winner.

In my "view user variables" screen, I then inserted bm_backp to see what value was assigned and it remained at 0, so for some reason that variable is not being recognised.

Can that be possible?

On one other matter, the 45 bet cycle can sometimes run over a number of days or sessions, and sometimes it is not possible to keep the MFP session running. Hence, any restarting of MFP will reset all values to zero and any partially completed cycles are lost.

Is it possible to create variable(s)/constants before a day's session commences to tell the trigger where in the cycle to commence?

Sorry to complicate this more than necessary, but they are essential for the plan to work properly.

Thanks for your efforts, and best wishes,

bobh

• Élite
« Reply #5 on: 02 May 2014, 08:20 »
hi
if you want to keep the cycle, then in the constants change the
b   DO NOT ALTER   0       ( to remember last value)

to see all the variables in the variable screen type
ba
b
p

information
ba=bet amount
b=bet count (this will always be 1 more than the actual bet because 1 is added after the bet is placed)
p=if the bet wins this is the amount to step back ( back price-1)

i have tested the trigger and it does what the instructions say, back price-1.
if you are using the favourite a the selection, then most times the odds are less than 3, so 2.6 rounded down = 2 minus 1 = step back 1
make sure that your refresh rate is at least 1.00 or less

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 02 May 2014, 09:00 »
Thanks again mcbee.

I use my own selection method which is not based on rank, and have been testing it over the last two days.

The rank option is unnecessary for me, but would be valuable for others who might like to use it for their own selection process when the trigger goes to public domain.

I can't get the step back trigger to work at all. It steps back 1 step only, and then resumes the progression.

I did not change your trigger other than to add some volume and back_book limits, so bm_backp should work but doesn't for some mysterious reason.

In my testing today, I had a $16 winner, which would have cleared the progression back to the start, but it regressed by 1 only and then continued betting at a second cycle level.

Any further suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

bobh

• Élite
« Reply #7 on: 02 May 2014, 09:18 »
hi
i have added a new trigger to record the price after the bet has been placed.
it could be with the other recording the price in with the betting trigger, on your computer/mfp settings the bet might not be placed and matched in time for the betting trigger to record the price, my mfp is set up for fast placing and recording of bets.
the new trigger will record the price after the betting trigger has placed the bet.

please use test mode

mcbee

download the trigger below

• Élite
« Reply #8 on: 02 May 2014, 09:20 »
hi
please alter the time and selection rank as i altered them for quick testing

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #9 on: 02 May 2014, 09:47 »
That's great, my friend.

I will test it on the Oz races tomorrow and keep my fingers and toes crossed for a successful solution.

I will let you know about this time tomorrow.

Thanks again,

bobh

• All members
« Reply #10 on: 03 May 2014, 04:22 »
It's half way through a betting afternoon here, and I can report the following.

My computers (2 of them) do not seem to acknowledge any variables beginning with "bm" unless the race in question is the active screen, and then only intermittently. It has me completely baffled why this should be.

Whenever it does recognise the variable, once the result of the race is downloaded from the results service, the bm_backp variable immediately goes to zero, and therefore is not carrying forward to the next bet, so that the variable p remains always at 1.

As you have said the trigger works ok on your computer, could it be something in my set up. Is there anything I need to reconsider?

I have not changed your trigger except I am betting at 0.10 mins before the start, and I have added some volume, market %,and runner number conditions.

My apologies for this.

Regards,

bobh

• Élite
« Reply #11 on: 03 May 2014, 05:44 »
hi
can you include your altered trigger please, so that i can test it on ausy races to see what happens.

mcbee

• Élite
« Reply #12 on: 03 May 2014, 05:50 »
hi
can you also include a screen shot of your betting options and connection monitor.

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #13 on: 03 May 2014, 12:19 »
OK, I have attached the trigger and a screenshot of the Betting Options screen.

I haven't attached the connection monitor as I have finished betting for the day and it is not showing anything, but if you want to see it, please let me know and I will send.

Good luck,

bobh

• All members
« Reply #14 on: 03 May 2014, 13:15 »
I'm not sure if the trigger was attached.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE