Author Topic: TOTAL BETS IN PLAY AND THE AMOUNT  (Read 5102 times)

Tags:
  • All members
TOTAL BETS IN PLAY AND THE AMOUNT
« on: 19 May 2015, 22:53 »
Hi all,

There must be a variable that looks at the sum (total money) placed backed and layed on all market... surely?

Also there must be a variable that can give you the total number of bets that have been matched and unmatched?

What are these variables because I cant find them.

The ones I thought only work on one market at a time.

Thanks for any help!!

• All members
Re: TOTAL BETS IN PLAY AND THE AMOUNT
« Reply #1 on: 20 May 2015, 07:12 »
@X-feeder or Marketfeeder ?

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 20 May 2015, 08:30 »
Marketfeeder please.

hope you can help?

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 20 May 2015, 08:50 »
I don't think there is a simple solution to you query. You could use a variable (as 1oser suggested) and one way could be to add a "set user variable" to your back-trigger and increment it every time the back-trigger makes a bet.

NumOfBets=NumOfBets+1

Then the variable NumOfBets contains the number of bets made by the back-trigger. Then of course you need to reset the variable in a suitable way.

Sorry, to my knowledge there are no simple way!

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 20 May 2015, 09:04 »
If you are interested in recoup losses ? you could use the variable last_lost

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 20 May 2015, 09:48 »
There must be a variable that looks at the sum (total money) placed backed and layed on all market... surely?

Also there must be a variable that can give you the total number of bets that have been matched and unmatched?

What are these variables because I cant find them.

This is the first time someone asked for such variables. As the other members wrote earlier, there are no variables for totals at the moment. I will add this topic to our wish list for future updates.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 20 May 2015, 10:27 »
The problem with last_lost is that you can only place one bet at a time otherwise it could miss a loss when it places lots of bets. This is what I'm trying to get around.

So I need to take into consideration, total balance, number of bets in statement, money in play, number or bets for money in play, total profit/loss. From here we can calculate if the betting system is on target or needs to recoupe total loss.

We can then place lots off bets at once and calculate recoupe bet size at any point.

Any help with the in play challenge would be really appreciated.

Kind regards

Byron

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 20 May 2015, 10:53 »
I am not sure if I understand you right, how to recoup something you don't know the outcome of ? When I like to recoup in several steps I use a variable knowing my minimum bank (MinBank) and Maximum bank. The MinBank variable is updated when balance<MinBank and when profit reached (balance>MaxBank).

By using this you will always know your "recoup potential" as MaxBank-MinBank. If you want to recoup for several n-steps you simply use (MaxBank-MinBank)/n

« Reply #8 on: 20 May 2015, 11:05 »
Hi,

I don't understand the reasoning of the calculation for a recoup bet size to include inrunning/inplay bets. How is it possible to recoup an amount that is not yet lost?  The bet sizes will quickly rise out of all proportions Surely? :)

larp

Tupp got there before me,  the points are the same

• All members
« Reply #9 on: 20 May 2015, 12:39 »
Hi,

I'm not recouping the in play amount. Thats impossible.

The problem that I have with last_lost and multiple bets is that if a recoup bet is placed, then another market matches the conditions whilst the first recoup bet is in play, a second recoup bet is placed, then another...

I want to multiple bets at a set amount, when I get a loss one recoupe bets is placed and the rest are set amounts.

The number of bets in play and total bets in play will allow me to calculate if there is a recoup bet in play or not. If not then recoup. If yes don't recoup and place a standard bet.

Do you see what I'm trying to do?

Many thanks

Byron

• All members
« Reply #10 on: 20 May 2015, 13:02 »
You have everything you need for that - do not block your way of thinking about a single solution - there are always several ways to solve a problem.

-you can create variables for Max and Min Bank
 -you can use the the variables hist_1_pl, hist_2_pl, ...

« Reply #11 on: 20 May 2015, 13:36 »
ah,

I am catching your drift now BrassMuppet. I will mess around with it a bit today and see

• All members
« Reply #12 on: 20 May 2015, 14:56 »
Maybe have two triggers - One for recoup bet and one for normal bets ?

• All members
« Reply #13 on: 20 May 2015, 15:54 »
Hi,

Yes that's correct you need two triggers. But the recoup trigger needs to know when to fire.

Actually... Maybe this could work. Let me think on this as a work around!

• All members
« Reply #14 on: 20 May 2015, 22:25 »
Ok so I have 2 triggers.

Trigger 1 - The recoup trigger uses 'hist_{index}_pl' to calculate the bet if pl < 0

Trigger 2 - Standard bet that just keeps on being placed on certain conditions

The next challenge I have is to make Trigger 1 fire only once then wait for the out come then if there is still a loss fire again and so on until pl => 0

How can I do this last bit?

Thanks

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE