Author Topic: TRACKING A TRIGGERED BET  (Read 6203 times)

Tags:
TRACKING A TRIGGERED BET
« on: 07 Jan 2014, 00:40 »
hi,

So every matched bet has its unique 11digit identification number.

Lets say I am having a bet based on whether my previous bet/bets have won/lost.

So, my trigger places my first bet. I need my trigger to remember the bets ID and 25 minutes or so later, check the statement and decide on its next mission.

If it cannot remember and locate the ID, perhaps it can remember the precise time or some other mechanism in order to locate the bet and act accordingly thereafter.

I am hoping there is some way of tracking a bet at it's point of entry into the statement as either a win/loss. Perhaps there is some way of tagging a bet placed by the trigger so it can be recognised after its settled.

Thanks
Larp

Re: TRACKING A TRIGGERED BET
« Reply #1 on: 07 Jan 2014, 23:06 »
Hi
This is the same quandary as connecting a specific bet id to a specific trigger, or to a specific market_id etc. The statement (win/lose history) at present does not allow for this. As mcbee has mentioned in some other topics, it might be possible to do this by using user variables.

As far as recording the time the bets were placed, you could look at these variables:
bu_laytime
bm_laytime
bu_backtime
bu_laytime
but again, there is currently no way to link these to the statement data, and you would need to devise a method of recording the times (and bet ids) using user variables.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 07 Jan 2014, 23:57 »
Hi LH & Mark,

I posted more or less on this subject earlier today albeit a long winded explanatory question.
"Are blocks totally independent ?"
seems not possible to do what we want.
It would be nice if the software developers could come up with a way to somehow link bets to a trigger with a unique coding system.
I'm sure this would be a great help in developing more efficient triggers, rather than having multiple triggers on multiple instances of MFP/multiple computers doing the same job.
R
My grandma taught me not to run downstairs and never back odds on.

« Reply #3 on: 08 Jan 2014, 10:26 »
Thanks Racepro and Mark,

Hi LH & Mark,

I posted more or less on this subject earlier today albeit a long winded explanatory question.
"Are blocks totally independent ?"
seems not possible to do what we want.
It would be nice if the software developers could come up with a way to somehow link bets to a trigger with a unique coding system.
I'm sure this would be a great help in developing more efficient triggers, rather than having multiple triggers on multiple instances of MFP/multiple computers doing the same job.
R

I agree with this suggestion.

Having read your topic "Are blocks totally independent ?", the problem is much the same. I really need to find a way around it.

I only place one bet per race with my system. However, all subsequent bets for that meeting are based on previous wins/losses.

Can a trigger place a bet, remember it and if it hits 1000 IR then remember and record it as either a win or loss. Ok, photo finishes might not work but perhaps there's a workaround for that. So, in the following races, the trigger doesn't need the statement at all.
Any hope with this approach
ty Larp

• Élite
« Reply #4 on: 08 Jan 2014, 19:27 »
hi LarpHager
i used to get around the result problem by having triggers switch from live to test mode as soon as the live bet was placed, then settle based on the last price.
i would then have a variable set to 1 for win or 0 for loss   global
so the next race new what the last race result was, before betfair settled.
if you are betting in different meetings, you could set your variable to the meetings name, that way only that meeting would use the result from that meeting.
you then switch back to live 10 seconds or so before your next bet is due to be placed.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

« Reply #5 on: 08 Jan 2014, 19:57 »
hi,

Thanks Mcbee, I will give that a try and let you know

larp

ps I may well need some help automating it, but I will attempt it on my own first as I know you guys are busy

« Reply #6 on: 12 Jan 2014, 21:13 »
Hi,

Well, after a lot of trial and error, and a lot of reading other posts and the manual (again), I now have a trigger that
1.Deletes markets not related to the meeting I am following.
2.Turns on Real mode.
3.Places my bet
4.Turns on Test Mode.
5.Places bet on my selection at either 1.01 or 1000, thus determining whether the horse won or lost, 99timesoutofahundred.

This will have to suffice unless solutions discussed earlier can be implemented.

I am testing tomorrow to see can I link the win/lose outcome to determine my next bet myself, clone from other triggers or get help here.

Thanks again to MarkV, Mcbee and Racepro
Larp

« Reply #7 on: 16 Jan 2014, 14:59 »
Hi
hi LarpHager
i would then have a variable set to 1 for win or 0 for loss   global
so the next race new what the last race result was, before betfair settled.
mcbee

Ok. I give up. I can't get the trigger to switch from lay to back.
I have attached my best attempt at it so far.

Can you please alter the trigger so that it fires a real mode back bet at the favourite in the next races but only if it meets certain price considerations say >3, then get it stop and revert to laying if it wins one.

Of course, and I am quite sure, there will be an easier way  ::)

• Élite
« Reply #8 on: 20 Jan 2014, 17:23 »
hi
do you want to back the fav until a win, then lay until a win until the end of the racing, or until you have 1 back win and 1 lay win.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

« Reply #9 on: 20 Jan 2014, 18:06 »
Hi McBee,

I need to it to lay until a fav wins, then stop laying and back until one wins and if one does then stop all bets, all at same meeting only.

Thank you
Larp

• Élite
« Reply #10 on: 20 Jan 2014, 18:26 »
hi
so you want
lay fav = profit
lay fav = loss
back fav = loss
back fav = win
stop
not lay,back,lay,back etc

mcbee

« Reply #11 on: 20 Jan 2014, 20:25 »
Hi,

That's its McBee .

Thanks again
Larp

• Élite
« Reply #12 on: 21 Jan 2014, 12:08 »
hi
here is your trigger
the constants are what you had.
the trigger conditions are from your triggers.
the triggers will place a lay bet until the lay bet is a profitable bet, then the triggers will place a back bet until a profitable bet, then stop.
the markets will be SETTLED with a trigger as soon as the price reaches 1.01.
the switch from live to test and test to live are disabled.
ENABLE THE SWITCH TRIGGERS AT YOUR OWN RISK
i cannot fully test the live betting, so please use small stakes and maybe remove the Take SP until you know the triggers are working as you want.

mcbee

download the trigger below

« Reply #13 on: 21 Jan 2014, 16:40 »
Good Man Mc Thanks again

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE