Author Topic: Tracking losses per track with Greyhounds  (Read 999 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Tracking losses per track with Greyhounds
« on: 15 Sep 2019, 10:09 »
Is there a way in Market Feeder to track losses per track with Greyhound races other then setting a specific variable for each track?
For instance - I'm looking at a 'stop at a win' system placing a bet on the favourite in each race to win a target amount at each track
I want to place a bet at say Belle Vue and if it looses place another bet in the next race at Belle Vue based on the amount lost in the first race. In intervening races i want to place a bet at Doncaster or Newcastle based on the amount lost at this particular track only. When a particular track has had a favourite winner and made profit i want to stop betting on that track for the rest of the day but continue betting on other tracks that have not had a favourite win yet.
I can do this by setting a variable for each track bvue_loss, newc_loss, donc_loss etc but it seems a bit clumsy and i need to be sure that i have covered all possible tracks in advance.

• Administrator
Re: Tracking losses per track with Greyhounds
« Reply #1 on: 18 Sep 2019, 15:18 »
Hello!

There is a special variable scope for this in triggers, "Individually for each racecourse". So if you set a variable, say, current_lss as "Individually for each racecourse", its value will be different for BVue, Newc, Donc, etc.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 19 Sep 2019, 21:52 »
Hi,

Thanks for this.

I've seen the 'Individually for each racecourse' but was a little unsure how it worked or how to use it.
In this context, is there any special way to call this variable in order to use it in a formula for a stake calculation?
I've called my variable to track the loss 'Current_loss' and set this to zero with a 'Global' attribute at the top of the triggers and to execute 'one time only'
The trigger that adds the P/L amount to this each race is set as 'Individually for each racecourse' and execute 'once per market'

When I'm calculating the stake for my next bet do I just call 'Current_loss' and expect that it knows which racecourse it's betting on for what value to use or is there something specific i need to set in either the trigger or the calculation for this to work?

Cheers

Kevin

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 12 Oct 2019, 19:38 »
I've called my variable to track the loss 'Current_loss' and set this to zero with a 'Global' attribute at the top of the triggers and to execute 'one time only'

In the trigger that creates the variable, you should set its scope to "Individually for each race course" and change "one time only" to "once per race course".
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE