Author Topic: Trailing Stop-Loss  (Read 1223 times)

• All members
Trailing Stop-Loss
« on: 24 Nov 2020, 09:47 »
I need a set of triggers to implement a trailing stop-loss.
So at the start of each day's betting I want to specify a target profit and a target loss whereupon betting will stop or switch to test mode.  The target loss needs to operate on a trailing basis, whereby, if the betting is increasing the starting balance,  then the target loss will be applied to the new balance.

This is a common feature of automated betting, but I was unable to find an example in the trigger library.  There are some which mention trailing stop-loss but these seem to be for back/lay or lay/back systems.

• Administrator
Re: Trailing Stop-Loss
« Reply #1 on: 24 Nov 2020, 10:34 »
Hello!

What kind of bets would you like to have as a base for this set of triggers? E.g. laying on the favourite?
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 25 Nov 2020, 09:40 »
I will be laying on a number of selections in greyhound races that may include the favourite.  Basic strategy is working well, but as is usual with greyhounds several days of profit are often followed by a thumping loss so  I determined that a trailing stop-loss would be beneficial in maintaining a steady profit.

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 03 Dec 2020, 12:10 »
Please see your triggers attached.

The laying trigger is just an example of usage: you can replace it with your own, just make sure to include the condition.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE