Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by shakeshuck on 08 Jul 2022
  • I expected this trigger to fire, but it didn't - have I made a boob in the format? I tried to copy from the manual's example.
  • #2 by MarkV on 09 Jul 2022
  • Hi
    That should work. Is download silks ticked in the monitoring settings?
  • #3 by shakeshuck on 11 Jul 2022
  • Hi Mark,

Yes, silks data is ticked - I have a jockey name condition elsewhere that seems to be working.
  • #4 by MarkV on 11 Jul 2022
  • Hi
    Temporarily switch on log trigger expressions in the logger settings. You will see the comparative values for the condition in the log.

Another option (and probably the easier) is:
    selections trigger expression "silk_trainer" is in list "Alan King", "Tim Easterby", "Jo Hughes" 
  • #5 by shakeshuck on 11 Jul 2022
  • Thanks Mark - logging the trigger expressions has shown me what's wrong; it is the name format.

I am now confused, though - I thought I'd read that I should be using Betfair's names; I had taken the names from what appears when you hover the cursor over the horse name on the exchange. These are apparently not the correct ones. Where should I be looking to get the correct Jockey/Trainer names?
  • #6 by MarkV on 12 Jul 2022
  • Hi
    If you are manually looking for trainer names spelling as per Betfair API, put MFP in Full Mode or Race Mode and read the trainer name from the silks data. A trigger could also write this data to a text file for future reference.

Variations I've seen on example trainer: Tim Easterby, TD Easterby, Timothy D Easterby etc...
    my suggestion here would be to use the FIND function on the surname only: FIND("Easterby", "silk_trainer") is greater than 0

• #7 by shakeshuck on 12 Jul 2022
  • Thanks Mark.

Typical of BetFair to make things more complicated than they need to be...!
  • #8 by rubold on 12 Jul 2022
  • Hi If you are manually looking for trainer names spelling as per Betfair API, put MFP in Full Mode or Race Mode and read the trainer name from the silks data. A trigger could also write this data to a text file for future reference. Variations I've seen on example trainer: Tim Easterby, TD Easterby, Timothy D Easterby etc... my suggestion here would be to use the FIND function on the surname only: FIND("Easterby", "silk_trainer") is greater than 0

Wow Mark, so can that expression find the trainer surname and the jockey surname and thus determine if they are the same.  I put in an official trigger request for this about a year ago, but was told it couldn't be done.
  • #9 by shakeshuck on 12 Jul 2022

Wow Mark, so can that expression find the trainer surname and the jockey surname and thus determine if they are the same.  I put in an official trigger request for this about a year ago, but was told it couldn't be done.

One small problem I forsee with this is on those occasions (like with Mr Easterby) when there are multiple trainers with the same surname; it is possible of course that if they are from the same family this may not affect your strategy.
  • #10 by MarkV on 12 Jul 2022
  • Hi rubold
    selections trigger expression FIND("Easterby", "silk_trainer") is greater than 0
    and selections trigger expression FIND("Easterby", "silk_jockey") is greater than 0
    will work

but as shakeshuck points out, I had a look at flatstats T/J combinations:
    T D Easterby trainer has had same surname jockeys: Miss E Easterby, Mr W Easterby
    so it's not conclusive 
Pages:
Actions