Author Topic: Trainer trigger format  (Read 1939 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Trainer trigger format
« on: 08 Jul 2022, 14:51 »
I expected this trigger to fire, but it didn't - have I made a boob in the format? I tried to copy from the manual's example.

Re: Trainer trigger format
« Reply #1 on: 09 Jul 2022, 09:35 »
Hi
That should work. Is download silks ticked in the monitoring settings?
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 11 Jul 2022, 10:19 »
Hi Mark,

Yes, silks data is ticked - I have a jockey name condition elsewhere that seems to be working.

« Reply #3 on: 11 Jul 2022, 12:59 »
Hi
Temporarily switch on log trigger expressions in the logger settings. You will see the comparative values for the condition in the log.

Another option (and probably the easier) is:
selections trigger expression "silk_trainer" is in list "Alan King", "Tim Easterby", "Jo Hughes" 
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 11 Jul 2022, 17:45 »
Thanks Mark - logging the trigger expressions has shown me what's wrong; it is the name format.

I am now confused, though - I thought I'd read that I should be using Betfair's names; I had taken the names from what appears when you hover the cursor over the horse name on the exchange. These are apparently not the correct ones. Where should I be looking to get the correct Jockey/Trainer names?

« Reply #5 on: 12 Jul 2022, 10:14 »
Hi
If you are manually looking for trainer names spelling as per Betfair API, put MFP in Full Mode or Race Mode and read the trainer name from the silks data. A trigger could also write this data to a text file for future reference.

Variations I've seen on example trainer: Tim Easterby, TD Easterby, Timothy D Easterby etc...
my suggestion here would be to use the FIND function on the surname only: FIND("Easterby", "silk_trainer") is greater than 0

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 12 Jul 2022, 11:29 »
Thanks Mark.

Typical of BetFair to make things more complicated than they need to be...!

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 12 Jul 2022, 15:04 »
Hi If you are manually looking for trainer names spelling as per Betfair API, put MFP in Full Mode or Race Mode and read the trainer name from the silks data. A trigger could also write this data to a text file for future reference. Variations I've seen on example trainer: Tim Easterby, TD Easterby, Timothy D Easterby etc... my suggestion here would be to use the FIND function on the surname only: FIND("Easterby", "silk_trainer") is greater than 0

Wow Mark, so can that expression find the trainer surname and the jockey surname and thus determine if they are the same.  I put in an official trigger request for this about a year ago, but was told it couldn't be done.

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 12 Jul 2022, 15:43 »

Wow Mark, so can that expression find the trainer surname and the jockey surname and thus determine if they are the same.  I put in an official trigger request for this about a year ago, but was told it couldn't be done.

One small problem I forsee with this is on those occasions (like with Mr Easterby) when there are multiple trainers with the same surname; it is possible of course that if they are from the same family this may not affect your strategy.

« Reply #9 on: 12 Jul 2022, 19:19 »
Hi rubold
selections trigger expression FIND("Easterby", "silk_trainer") is greater than 0
and selections trigger expression FIND("Easterby", "silk_jockey") is greater than 0
will work

but as shakeshuck points out, I had a look at flatstats T/J combinations:
T D Easterby trainer has had same surname jockeys: Miss E Easterby, Mr W Easterby
so it's not conclusive 

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE