Author Topic: Trebling stake after a loss  (Read 986 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Trebling stake after a loss
« on: 16 Sep 2020, 07:55 »
Hi,
I would like to add condition/block so after a loss, the trigger will treble the next stake.
I've tried using a new block with "previous event's settled P/L is less than 0" and adjusting the stake to 3*bet_size, but it doesn't seem to work.
Any advice?

Re: Trebling stake after a loss
« Reply #1 on: 16 Sep 2020, 14:16 »
Hi
Try this in test mode if you are backing:
back
amount: IF(losses=0, default_backa, hist_1_backa*3)

default_backa is the default back amount in the settings, you can replace that with your bet_size 
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 17 Sep 2020, 11:13 »
Thanks Mark,
This works well.
Just as an additional question, what if I wanted the trigger to do this over next two bets?

« Reply #3 on: 17 Sep 2020, 14:33 »
what if I wanted the trigger to do this over next two bets?
Hi
If you are wanting to recover the loss of bet 1 over bets 2 and 3 this trigger might be what you need, and another example here. If not, please could you give an example.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 17 Sep 2020, 14:57 »
i meant instead of doing the treble stake bet once, what if i wanted to do it twice or three times?
Not as a loss recovery but more of a repetitive trigger.

« Reply #5 on: 18 Sep 2020, 09:09 »
Hi, sorry it is still not clear what you are wanting to do. Are you wanting to repeat treble initial stake for next three markets only? Or are you repeating same selection in same market three times? Please could you give an example of what you are asking. Cheers

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 18 Sep 2020, 09:46 »
hi sorry for the confusion.
i just wanted to repeat the trigger twice so that in total, the trigger would have recovered 6 times the stake.
So simply, I just wanted to know how to repeat the same trigger once again.

« Reply #7 on: 19 Sep 2020, 05:36 »
Hi
To repeat an individual trigger set the trigger's Execute field to: specific number of times, or, no more often than
To repeat a block of triggers follow the process in this article.

Please test repeating triggers carefully before using them live. 

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE