Author Topic: Trigger action query  (Read 1133 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Trigger action query
« on: 28 Dec 2016, 11:44 »
Hi

Just wondering wether my trigger will work as I intend it to before the racing this afternoon.

At the moment I simply back pre race and use a trigger action to attempt to green up in play for a specified %age return. I am wondering wether I can include an additional trigger with a slightly different trigger action (different %age return) and the two bets will be treated separately.

Eg if one trigger places £5 at 10.0 will it attempt to green up the £5 at 5.0 if my other trigger placed £5 at 10.0 and I wanted it to green up at say 2.50?

Probably not explaining this too well but essentially will the attempt to green up part of the trigger treat the two bets separately or will it see the whole £10 in the market and green up at my first %age point (ie 100%). What I want to happen is to put two £5 bets in pre race and attempt to green up one £5 at 100% return and the other £5 at %200 return.

Anyone have any idea what the hell I'm on about  :-\

• Administrator
Re: Trigger action query
« Reply #1 on: 01 Jan 2017, 16:58 »
Hello!

The green-up action of the trigger (this is also the case with greening up manually) will "pick up" any bets you have on the selection and include them into the calculation of the green-up bet. So yes, it will green up on both the bets you will have by that moment.

If you want to place separate green-up bets for each bet you place, you'll have to make a trigger that "backs" (if the green-up bet is a back one) or "lays", and enter the formula for the amount of that bet, which is, in general case:

[price of lay bet * amount of that lay bet]/back_price - for backing

[price of back bet * amount of that back bet]/lay_price - for laying

The price and amount of the bet depends on your trigger settings and the attributes of the bet you are trying to green up, i.e. for £5 at 10.0 it will be 10 and 5 respectively.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
Re: Trigger action query
« Reply #2 on: 03 Jan 2017, 08:21 »
Ok thanks. Seems to be working as suggested. Not had many qualifiers last few days to check properly but the couple I have had seem to be greening the 2 bets separately.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE