Author Topic: Trigger adjustment  (Read 864 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Trigger adjustment
« on: 27 Jan 2022, 17:20 »
Hi,

Can you please help.

I would like to add a condition to the attached trigger. I want it to check that the difference between 3rd favourite odds and 4th favourites odds are X ticks. Where X is a variable I can set.

If it could be an if statement so that I can use a different tick amount to use if the odds are in the 4-6 range and 6-10 range that would be perfect but not essential

Many thanks
Gerard

Re: Trigger adjustment
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jan 2022, 19:38 »
Hi
It probably could be done with an IF statement but I'd suggest using a condition block instead in the dutching triggers. Please see attached screenshot.

g_ticks() function measures tick difference between 2 prices
x is tick difference you wish to specify for 4 to 6 price range
y is tick difference you wish to specify for 6 to 10 price range
price range is measured from third favourite's price: r_3_back_price
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 30 Jan 2022, 09:17 »
Hi,

I implemented the extra conditions as directed, I think I have done it correctly. However, the triggers don't seem to be placing any bets if there are any unsettled markets outstanding even though there are no outstanding bets to settle. Can this be amended as there were periods yesterday when it missed out many opportunities to place a bet.

Also, with the loss recovery, is there an easy way to set a maximum bet amount, either as a fixed amount or preferably as a percentage of the bank.

Many thanks in advance
Gerard

« Reply #3 on: 30 Jan 2022, 20:37 »
Hi
Modified the conditions to check the price range of each selection chosen for the dutching and to apply the appropriate tick difference between third and fourth favs. Obviously it will not bet if those tick differences are not met.

Added an OR condition to include selections which are outside the specified price ranges.

Repositioned the condition block for this in the order of conditions.

Tested in time machine and looks to be working ok. Please use test mode for your testing.

The maximum bet amount change is best done through a trigger request. The trigger dutches for a target profit for the recovery, and not by liability, so it is a bit more complex. This article explains.     

Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 31 Jan 2022, 13:45 »
Hi,

Thanks for the update and feedback. However, it's still not placing bets if there are unsettled markets, even though there are no unsettled bets. These could be markets that were skipped due to the conditions, but the fact they are not settled, is stopping any bets being placed on later markets.

I see there is a check in the trigger for settled markets, could this be changed to not = unsettled bets, or something similar.

Cheers
Gerard

« Reply #5 on: 01 Feb 2022, 13:17 »
Hi
I re-tested the trigger in time machine and it steadily works its way through a days card betting only in markets which meet the conditions and not betting in markets which do not meet the conditions. It does carry on ok after a market or markets where no bets were placed. Can you confirm in your settings that markets are not being deleted when settled or finished? The trigger requires these markets to be in My Markets. Also just worth a check if testing in test mode that test funds are sufficient to cover the dutching liability especially during recovery. This can be checked in the Program Log. There will be error messages if there are insufficient funds for a dutching.

The trigger must have settlement of the previous market to correctly calculate the recovery stake. In some cases there can be a delay in settling a market and this may hold up further betting. There is a technique in point 3 here which will "move markets on" in these situations. You can try putting this in or do a trigger request for the amendment.

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 01 Feb 2022, 13:51 »
Many thanks I will look into this.

By the way what tool needs to be used to view the log .GZ files ?

Thanks
Gerard

« Reply #7 on: 01 Feb 2022, 14:45 »
Just click Program Logs towards top-right of main screen

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE