Author Topic: Trigger Challenge  (Read 1331 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Trigger Challenge
« on: 31 Aug 2014, 09:54 »
Hi All.

I have the following challenge which personally I dont think can be coded in MFP with 100% accuracy.

1. No bets of any kind should be placed if the market is not stable. Meaning there must be a back book and lay book percentage figure and the difference between back and lay price is a maximum of 2 ticks.
2. If the last bet was nothing or a lay bet and WOM < 20 then back the selection.
3. if the last bet was nothing or a back bet and WOM > 80 then lay the selection.
4. If greenup or distribute loss is possible then place the corresponding bet on the selection. In the meantime no further back or lay triggers should fire on that selection
5. Repeat the process from 1 to 4 above for any selection which meets the stated rules.

Now, in theory and using a flowchart then its simple i agree. In practice all the examples given on MFP website for repeat backing/laying cause problems whereby multiple backs or lays are placed on a selection.

So for any given selection you can only have B/L/B/L/B/L or L/B/L/B/L/B. At no time should you ever have B/B/L/B/L/B or L/L/B/L/B/L.

Also, if we are betting before event start time (idle) then the triggers need to take into account the 3 second BF betting delay. If we are betting in-play then the triggers need to take into account the 8 second BF betting delay. This means the triggers must wait the required time and check what bets are match/unmatched before deciding what to-do next.

I used the WOM as an example of what condition needs to be met, i am not for one minute expecting it to be profitable based on that condition alone. What i need is a fully working template which does what it says on the tin.

And yes, i did request such a trigger but again it failed and due to whatever reason placed 2 back bets on a selection without first greening up or distributing the loss which breaks the above rules.

Impossible in MFP ?

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE