Author Topic: Trigger for exiting a football strategy similar to FCG  (Read 3368 times)

Tags:
  • All members
I will take MANUALLY two bets before start of the game or few minutes after beginning:
   * LAY THE DRAW
   * BACK 0/0

I will then apply the trigger to manage automatically the exit of the DRAW bet if needed.

Could you please make me this exit trigger. The exit rules are the following:

1- If score of the game is 0/0 then NO ACTION
2- If score of the game is different than 0/0 then monitor permanently the BACK DRAW price. As soon as this price is equal or lower than "X", then BACK THE DRAW (exiting all) at best available price.

Complementary details:

- The trigger can be applied to few different games played at the same time and should manage each game independently

- Default value for parameter "X" is 1.8 but it should be possible to change/adapt it for each game

- After goal is scored and market suspension has ended then wait for price stabilization during "Y" seconds before checking price of the draw. Default value for "Y" is set to 0 but we should be able to modify it.

Thanks

• Administrator
Re: Trigger for exiting a football strategy similar to FCG
« Reply #1 on: 18 May 2014, 11:29 »
Hello,

I need some clarification of your requirements:

2- If score of the game is different than 0/0 then monitor permanently the BACK DRAW price. As soon as this price is equal or lower than "X", then BACK THE DRAW (exiting all) at best available price.

What should the size of this bet be?
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 18 May 2014, 13:05 »
I will lay DRAW with anything between 15 and 1000 usd depending on bet fair account size and liquidity of the chosen games.

Therefore when backing for greening/getting out of the position the trigger should permanently check if the position has been fully backed. And continue to back until positing is fully out.

Did it clarify your doubts?

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 18 May 2014, 13:21 »
No, that's not really what I meant. Does the back bet need to be the same size as the lay bet you previously placed, or should it do the greening up, or be calculated differently?

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 18 May 2014, 13:32 »
The back bet shoud act as a SL and close all opened positions...once the back is completed the trade is 100% over.

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 20 May 2014, 09:13 »
Your triggers are ready, see the attached file.

There are three constants in the file. The first two set the exit price and the time needed for the prices to settle after a suspension.

The third one is for finding the Match Odds market, I'd recommend to leave it as is.

Please test in Test Mode first.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 20 May 2014, 10:00 »
Thanks

I can apply it to many games at the same time and it will manage each game independently?

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 19 Jun 2014, 08:07 »
I have tested it and finally got a game where the trigger was executed
(score not 0/0 and DRAW price going under 1.8) but then instead of getting out of the position, I got a message asking if I want to to green everything and close the position or not...
If I had not been in front of the computer at that time then no action would have been executed, since the software was expecting an answer.

Purpose of this trigger is to be executed automatically when all conditions are met.

Do you need to modify the trigger so that this message does not appear and the trigger executes automatically? or is t just a setting/parameter to be made in the trigger or in the platform?

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 19 Jun 2014, 08:21 »
Read the manual. ;D

Settings/General Options
Untick - Request confirmation for every critical operation

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE