Author Topic: trigger for tennis  (Read 3358 times)

Tags:
  • All members
trigger for tennis
« on: 21 Aug 2012, 12:04 »
Hi,

completely new here,so first post..

well I have an idea which is to create a freebet on both players in a tennis match. I.e you lay player A at 1,10 for a fixed liabiliy of 10 (which means your stake becomes 100 ) and back him at 1,20 using your full stake.At the same time you back player B at 11 for the same liability as above and lay him at 10..now having 10 on both players..Can this be done? and how many triggers would I need?

thank you in advance

cheers

• All members
Re: trigger for tennis
« Reply #1 on: 21 Aug 2012, 15:34 »
What makes you certain that your four bets are all going to be matched ?

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 21 Aug 2012, 17:53 »
hi there,

well, a lot of market research on price balance suggests so...do you think it can be automated?

cheers

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 21 Aug 2012, 20:17 »
I am sure that there are guys here who could help you with the automation, however it seems to me that the triggers would need to more complex than just placing bets if the strategy was to be successful. You are counting on all four bets being matched. What happens if they are not ? I think you would need some triggers to deal with circumstances which would lead to a reduction in losses if all bets were not matched as you wish.

My own knowledge of MFP is limited and confined to horse racing and football. I have never traded tennis and almost certainly never will so I will have to wish you well and hope that somebody else can help you.

In my experience, "free bets" don't turn up very often. In fact, for me, never.

« Reply #4 on: 21 Aug 2012, 21:31 »
Hi
The basic structure of your automation can easily be done in 4 triggers.

Trigger 1
Lay favourite
Conditions: favourite’s lay price is equal or less than 1.10

Trigger 2
Back favourite
Conditions: Trigger 1 is matched
and favourite’s back price is equal or greater than 1.20

Trigger 3
Back second favourite
Conditions: second favourite’s back price is equal or greater than 11

Trigger 4
Lay second favourite
Conditions: Trigger 3 is matched
and second favourite’s lay price is equal or less than 10

You can set amounts as you wish and add more conditions to suit your requirements. But I definitely agree with the last post that you must surely build in a stop loss for this strategy.

I also think you should try to develop your entry point from simply ‘favourite’s lay price is 1.10’. An example:
favourite’s lay price has touched my entry target of 1.10 and is still falling – no bet
favourite’s lay price has touched my entry target of 1.10 and is now rising –  bet
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 21 Aug 2012, 22:58 »
Thanks a lot for the feedback guys, much appreciated..to answer shortly, yes I am aware that not all bets would be matched in every single match and I also intend to include a stop loss.. was only curious if the above example could be automated..

Thanks mark, will give it a whirl..

cheers

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE