Author Topic: Trigger getting stuck  (Read 3475 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Trigger getting stuck
« on: 26 Mar 2015, 19:26 »
I have a block in my trigger that calculates a lay payout and stake, which is set to no more often than 1 sec, same as refresh rate, it works fine monitoring one market, but when I try and monitor 4 or 5 it seems to get stuck on one of the markets after a few minutes, when I look at the trigger window it just flashes on one of the markets. When this happens the av refresh rate goes up from .16 to .3 and then all my bets start not getting matched.The only way to get it to monitor all markets again is to turn them off individually and back on again one at a time, do I need to change any settings its doing my head in I cant open 24 profiles with 1 market in each. colin

Re: Trigger getting stuck
« Reply #1 on: 26 Mar 2015, 19:57 »
How large is the trigger file in KB ?

I recently wrote a new trigger and it was 150 KB so I trimmed it to 100KB and finally last night got it down to 45 KB. The profile and TM works a lot smoother now.

To check the size, open the computers User files, then Marketfeeder Pro 8, then the trigger folder will list all the triggers and sizes.

Try to trim the trigger file. I look at Oxa's post whenever I need to sort through data and find the quickest yet easiest way. See below

newbielink:http://community.welldonesoft.com/triggered-betting-10/10-qualities-of-triggers-that-work/ [nonactive]

Are all the markets you are monitoring also being monitored by a large trigger file?  If they are, then that is hard on a profile. If you don't need the trigger on some of the later ones, turn off the trigger on those markets only until you require them.

You are getting fast average refresh rates, so I would guess that it is not the profile. You can also check to see how much "work" the trigger is doing by checking the trigger log files etc. I will wager a Euro its the trigger and that you can trim it.

Larp
PS I just opened 10 markets with my 45KB monitoring trigger and the profile didn't blink.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 26 Mar 2015, 20:29 »
You owe me a euro lol, its only 24 k and that includes the backing and laying part of the trigger, have just loaded 4 markets for tomorrow 2.00 2.30 3.00 3.30, I load trigger and says waiting for next rep and then goes through the four markets, but on the next rep it only monitors2 of them and eventually only 1 then market refresh rate goes up to .3 , I am stumped. Here is the monitor, it goes back to normal when I stop the markets individually and restart them individually.

« Reply #3 on: 26 Mar 2015, 21:09 »
Hi
It sounds like the trigger is waiting for data which it's not getting. Some thoughts:

Does your trigger need current bets data? If yes the refresh rate for the list of bets in the settings should equal or be quicker than the block refresh rate.
Does your repeating block contain a repeating trigger? If yes consider repeating it through the block repetition instead.
Are your Close Block trigger conditions specific enough?
For testing, what happens if you set the block to repeat every 2 or 3 secs? Is there an improvement?
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

« Reply #4 on: 26 Mar 2015, 21:14 »
what Mark said  ;)

and try this

newbielink:http://community.welldonesoft.com/triggered-betting-10/variable-market-monitoring/ [nonactive]

:)

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 27 Mar 2015, 15:41 »
Thanks for all your help, trying to make he trigger more effective, just wondered if there was any way to set a condition in the dutch lay block itself to save using a variable to do the following, dutch lay when all my conditions are met but only lay the selections that are above the minimum, been looking through the forum but cant find anything

Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 27 Mar 2015, 16:49 »
Yep thanks that works on the same sort of principle but that trigger wont fire unless all selections amounts are above minimum, I want it to fire if say there are 7 selections but only 5 are above the minimum to just lay the 5. I tried a condition: selections lay amount is EQUAL OR greater than 2 but that doesn't work it still fires all the selections in.

« Reply #8 on: 27 Mar 2015, 17:54 »
Hi Colin

I think I have the condition correct after a few tries.

If you put in a lay_target_profit constant, then the condition divides the target by the lay_price-1 and if that figure is less than 2, it won't fire for that selection only.

But it gets trickier later on, if a price does drop below that it will fire again on its current once per selection setting, so you need to play around with that.

It also works for Back dutching as the trigger shows.

Test it anyway before you include it live

• All members
« Reply #9 on: 27 Mar 2015, 21:43 »
thanks for your help, trouble is my dutch triggers are as follows, lay dutch, amount to lose 200, and ajust amounts, same with backing just cant find away to do it :(

« Reply #10 on: 27 Mar 2015, 22:31 »
Turn off Allow Small Bets in the settings. That works in test anyway.

Also, try the amended trigger file attached. New condition for betting with adjusted amounts. Only bets if minimum £5 offered, so should stop smaller amounts. Also new condition reworking the lay bet amount minimum.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE