Author Topic: trigger location  (Read 4042 times)

Tags:
  • All members
trigger location
« on: 23 Aug 2012, 12:13 »
Hi

Am new here and just learning a bit everyday..The other day I created some triggers but was not happy with them and deleted them again - used the trigger editor..but somehow the deleted triggers still appear in the trigger log , are they supposed to do so - is there a way to clear them from there?..The new triggers I created wont fire now and I cant figure out the reason..

cheers

• Élite
Re: trigger location
« Reply #1 on: 23 Aug 2012, 14:05 »
hi
your triggers are saved in different places for safety reasons.
if you save to desktop then save again the trigger will be saved in C:\Users\Win7\MarketFeeder Pro 7\Triggers
so when you reload the saved triggers , you have to manualy tell the locator where the saved triggers are
then after that the locator will load the triggers from the correct location.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 23 Aug 2012, 15:01 »
thanks Mcbee..

but how come that MPF still try to activate triggers that I already deleted, it said so in the trigger log last night -MPF tried to activate the 2 old( deleted) triggers but was denied due to false conditions? I dont understand how these old triggers still can be in the system..looked in every file, but cant locate them...btw Im running the trial version of MFP if that matters... also the stop loss and auto green up functions are not working either..am a bit puzzled here..

cheers

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 23 Aug 2012, 17:42 »
The triggers editor is for editing and saving triggers.  It does not load a trigger into the program.  To load a trigger into the program you need to use the Open Triggers button in the Active Triggers window.

• Élite
« Reply #4 on: 23 Aug 2012, 17:49 »
hi
i have not tried the latest trial version , but it should work the same as paid version.
you must make sure that the triggers you are working on is LOADED before you load the markets and has a green trigger lamp ON.
i am sorry i have had a few rakias(bulgarian whiskey)/whiskeys
i will look on friday

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 23 Aug 2012, 20:12 »
Thanks guys...MFP confirms that the triggers are loaded into the system and I did use the active triggers window..still I dont understand why the deleted triggers are still in the program..

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 24 Aug 2012, 08:08 »
I think you will have to search "My Computer" and find the locations of all the triggers you have on your machine. It seems that you have not really deleted triggers and that the path used to load them takes you to the wrong ones.

I made the same mistake myself, also using similar names for my triggers caused confusion for me. I collected all my triggers in one folder, deleted them elsewhere and the put the triggers back where they should have been in the first place.

• Nerd
  • Élite
  • I think I could be on to something here!
« Reply #7 on: 24 Aug 2012, 09:46 »
Check the setting's file .. find it and open in notepad, I think there is line with a trigger to load on startup.

[be careful, not to mess anything else up!]
Fortune favors the brave!

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 24 Aug 2012, 13:34 »
thanks guys..I have all triggers in one folder now...yet the newly created triggers wont fire..when I check the trigger log file my chosen markets for autotrading are not listed at all..

cheers

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE