Author Topic: Trigger Query  (Read 2565 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Trigger Query
« on: 29 Apr 2021, 12:19 »
Hi.. New user here..

Could someone please tell me if this in-play horse racing trigger can be created?

Lay of 3rd ranked in-play favourite when the 1st ranked in-play favourite hits odd of 2 and below..

Then

If that horse was to win the race (lose my trade) to then go about getting the loss back next race when same situation as above happens

Thanks

Re: Trigger Query
« Reply #1 on: 29 Apr 2021, 17:57 »
Hi and welcome

Yes, there is nothing complicated about your trigger.

If you fancy having a go yourself I would suggest this example staking plan trigger as the basis:
https://marketfeeder.co.uk/learn/triggers/simple-staking-plan-lay/

and modify the laying trigger  to:
selections: third favourite  
and the trigger condition would be:
favourites back price is equal or less than 2

Or you can request a trigger to be written for you here.

Please test triggers in test mode or using small stakes until you are happy with how they work.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 04 May 2021, 10:20 »
Does this look correct mate? I want it too trigger inplay

« Reply #3 on: 04 May 2021, 16:51 »
Hi
It looks like some parts of the trigger file are missing and I can't see some of the formulas in full.

Attached is the simple staking plan for lay bets modified to lay third favourite in-play when the favourites back price drops below 2.00. The screenshot shows 7 races tested in Time Machine.

Please note the trigger will lay the selection that is third favourite at the moment the favourites back price is below 2.00.

Observation from testing: Although there is a limit for maximum bet size in the constant, you can see from the statement there were some high liabilities. You might want to play around with reducing the max bet size.

I did not have a loss during this testing but I can confirm the loss recovery works ok. Please test all triggers in test mode.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 05 May 2021, 12:50 »
Thanks very much

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 05 May 2021, 16:15 »
Im running the trigger you left for me and it wont fire for me?

« Reply #6 on: 05 May 2021, 16:57 »
Hi
Please check the program and trigger logs to see the reason why it does not fire. Are you betting below the minimum?

If you have your settings correctly set up, sufficient test or real funds,  and have turned on triggers, the trigger should work. I have just downloaded it and it runs fine. Please see attached screenshot.

In case you have not seen it here is a video showing how to load triggers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iEeXNCwAFQ

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 07 May 2021, 10:29 »
Hi mate.. I re-downloaded the trigger you sent me and all is working fine now and its doing exactly what i wanted so thanks for your help.. 

I put it too run yesterday for most of the day and the results were encouraging to say the least except for the big liabilities when its trying to recover a loss from a loser..

Is there a way you can think of to make it better? Maybe spread the recovery over more races although as of yet its not had 2 losers in a row which would be a problem with a very high liability on the 3rd Lay

« Reply #8 on: 07 May 2021, 16:15 »
Hi
Here are some staking plan triggers you can look at which will recover a loss in steps
https://marketfeeder.co.uk/learn/triggers/recoup-loss-4-steps/ 

https://marketfeeder.co.uk/learn/triggers/lay-1-4/

https://marketfeeder.co.uk/learn/triggers/universal-sequence/

I'm not sure if you are testing purely in test mode but you should be placing some real bets from time to time to keep Betfair happy. The second last paragraph in this article explains more.    

• All members
« Reply #9 on: 07 May 2021, 18:40 »
I have been using test mode a lot.. Would it be ok to use small stakes do you think? Like 10p or 20p..

Do Betfair mind that?

« Reply #10 on: 08 May 2021, 09:01 »
Hi
You should generally bet at or above Betfair's minimum stakes. Betfair have a mechanism in place to reject small lay bets. The technical details are in the helpfile section: Settings > Betting Options > Small bets 

• All members
« Reply #11 on: 14 May 2021, 17:50 »
Hi mate.. Iv been running this for a few days and its doing good but i noticed today that after having a run of 3 losses last night the first bet today should have still been a recovery bet but it didnt and went back to the initial stake?

« Reply #12 on: 15 May 2021, 08:34 »
Hi
Was MFP restarted in the morning? The trigger as stands does not retain losses info if the program is shut down and restarted. A modification can be made to the trigger to retain recovery values on shutting down. If you wanted this amendment you would need to put in a trigger request.

• All members
« Reply #13 on: 16 May 2021, 10:39 »
I did leave it on but i think my laptop might have done a update whilst i was away because i had to log back in when got back to it the next day

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE