Author Topic: Trigger Questions  (Read 594 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Trigger Questions
« on: 29 Jun 2020, 20:58 »
Hi guys,

I've got a couple of questions if it's OK to ask...

• What's the best way to run multiple strategies?
  • What's hedge out options are there?
    I'm trying to do a lay to back bot, but struggling with the stop loss.  I've tried distribute loss at 50% profit and trade out/best price at specific odds, and although some of the time it seems to work others are giving really inconsistent results and have resulted in larger losses?
  • Why do some bets not get placed, giving an error for "invalid price or stake"?
    For instance, twice today a trigger has tried to lay at 4.5 for £4 liability and given that error.

Thanks,
Matt.

• Administrator
Re: Trigger Questions
« Reply #1 on: 07 Aug 2020, 15:37 »
Hello!

I'm sorry that I've overlooked your topic, and I'd like to reply anyway.

What's the best way to run multiple strategies?

That depends on the strategies: if, say, one is for backing in football and another one for laying on horses, then there should be no problems. However, if you are looking to run two staking plans in the same set of markets, this generally wouldn't be possible, unless some tricky math is thrown in, because BetFair keeps all your bets in a single list, without the possibility to distinguish which procedure (trigger, bot, etc.) placed which bet.

What's hedge out options are there?

Manual green-up, including through the Ladder and in the Engineer Mode, Auto-Greenup and trading out using triggers.

This article would also be of help:

10 Facts About Green-up in MarketFeeder Pro

Why do some bets not get placed, giving an error for "invalid price or stake"?
For instance, twice today a trigger has tried to lay at 4.5 for £4 liability and given that error.

It means you intended the price to be 4.5 and liability 4, but something went wrong. For example, you did not have enough funds, or you did not turn on "Allow small bets" in Betting Options and your bet was below the allowed minimum, or the market got suspended, or the price/amount weren't really 4.5 and 4. To find out what's wrong, check the Program Log for any obvious problems, and then the log of the trigger itself.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE