Author Topic: Triggers fired at same time get different data  (Read 1237 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Triggers fired at same time get different data
« on: 17 Jul 2016, 13:23 »
I have half a dozen triggers all set to check at the same time, and they are based on price ranges. The problem I am having is that regularly I see more than one trigger firing for the same horse, because (I guess) the horse price has moved between the triggers checking the prices.

Is there any way to ensure that all the triggers are working from the same data?

Re: Triggers fired at same time get different data
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jul 2016, 15:27 »
Hi
A few things you can try:
  • in the settings tick Update bets individually for each market
  • add conditions to check selections number of matched and unmatched bets is zero
  • add conditions in trigger 1 to check triggers 2 to 6 number of runs (or runs per selection depending on your trigger) is zero, in trigger 2 trigger 1, 3 to 6, etc..
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 18 Jul 2016, 18:34 »
Thanks Mark, I'm still trying to get my head round this.

The number of runs for a trigger; does this mean the number of times the trigger has done the action i.e. all the conditions have been met? (and not including the number of times the trigger has returned 'false' and not done the action?)

« Reply #3 on: 18 Jul 2016, 23:13 »
Hi
Yes, for the current market, unless you have ticked "overall" in which case it is the number of runs (executions) of the trigger in all markets since the program was started.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 21 Jul 2016, 12:17 »
I had used 'Number of matched lay bets' (or similar)... but I guess this checks the account on BF?

...if I am running two different systems on two copies of MF, and want to do this check, I presume the two will interfere with each other, so this method won't work for me?

Maybe the check trigger option is the better one in this case.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE