Author Topic: Triggers to use all appropriate markets?  (Read 985 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Triggers to use all appropriate markets?
« on: 22 Apr 2022, 14:42 »
I've read some of the manual and watched a few youtube videos, and I'm not sure if I have misunderstood something.

All I want to do is load up a few trigger files (for example a horse racing trigger that uses WIN and PLACE), and let them go.

The videos suggest however that I need to select all the markets that the trigger should monitor.  Do I need to select all markets that I want the trigger to use everyday?  ie, open every horse race for the day and select WIN and PLACE in every race, and do this everyday?

Or have I completely understood?

I notice that when I click to start the triggers, it used to ask if I wanted to select all markets (it doesn't give me that option anymore) but I thought that would be too many.  Betfair would probably not be happy with me monitoring 1000s of markets and only bet on a couple.

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
Re: Triggers to use all appropriate markets?
« Reply #1 on: 22 Apr 2022, 17:50 »
Hello,

There are several "stages":
1. Add markets to "My markets". It's recommended to add them closer to the moment you intend to start refreshing them. You can add them manually or with Market Locator. The Market Locator can run at scheduled times automatically. So you can set to run your search every hour adding markets for next 60 minutes. Adding markets to "My markets" is the first requirement to place a bet on them.
2. Refreshing the markets. MarketFeeder refreshes only the markets added to "My markets". You can start refreshing manually or automatically from program settings -> monitoring options -> start refreshing X minuted before the off. This is the second requirement.
3. Placing bets. A bet can be placed on the refreshing market only. You can place bets manually as on BetFair site or with triggers. To place bet with triggers the triggering option must be on globally (green ballon near the "Triggers") and locally for each market (a button with "ballon" within the market).

So if you intend to bet on Win and Place markets in-play you need to add both markets for each event say 1 minute before the off and start refreshing them with triggering enabled.
Proud to be 🇺🇦
I'm happy to help Monday - Friday, 08:00-18:00 GMT
Буду рад помочь с понедельника по пятницу, 08:00-18:00 GMT

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 22 Apr 2022, 20:38 »
Thanks Tim. I think I get it now. 

So I have this in Market Locator and Settings (below it)

Does that look right to you?

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 22 Apr 2022, 20:40 »
Just a follow up, this will reload the markets automatically once a day, and start monitoring the specific market 1 min before the off?

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 23 Apr 2022, 09:08 »
You should enable running the locator periodically (at the right side of the "Monitoring" tab) - "Scheduler"
Proud to be 🇺🇦

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 24 Apr 2022, 14:53 »
Thanks Tim. I've set it to 1 hour. Does that sound right to you?

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 24 Apr 2022, 18:48 »
Yes, and you can add "Market's minutes before the off" condition to the market locator template.
Proud to be 🇺🇦

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 25 Apr 2022, 08:22 »
Brilliant. Thanks. And how do I run multiple Market Locator templates?

My use case is, if I have a racing strategy that uses UK and Ireland, and I have a football strategy that uses UK and Spain.

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 25 Apr 2022, 08:30 »
In that case I'm afraid you have to run 2 copies of MarketFeeder running 2 different profiles (create/select them within the login screen).
Proud to be 🇺🇦

• All members
« Reply #9 on: 25 Apr 2022, 08:36 »
Ahh right. Cheers mate

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE