Author Topic: U/O 1.5 Excel Trigger  (Read 6375 times)

Tags:
  • All members
U/O 1.5 Excel Trigger
« on: 11 Oct 2014, 14:48 »
Hy @ all

I havent been around for a long time. I have a new project that i like to automate and i'm not quite sure if the MF can handle that.

I like to link diffent markets (o/u 1.5 - 4.5, or Correct Score) from different leagues (i like to select them individually) to excel. There i like to compare the odds from my database with the real time betfair odds. I'f there is some value, i like the MF to trigger the bet's. The value is diffent from league to league and month to month.

Is that possible for the MF to do it?

Thank you!

• All members
Re: U/O 1.5 Excel Trigger
« Reply #1 on: 12 Oct 2014, 14:04 »
No-one? Is it possible to do? MF <> Excel

« Reply #2 on: 12 Oct 2014, 17:01 »
Hi
Just some thoughts on this.
I think the problem you will have is the number of markets you want to monitor concurrently. If you want to monitor 4 or 5 markets for each game, 10 games = 50 markets = 50 market sheets in Excel. I think it will be a struggle.

An option you could try is to import your database data to the program. There were some big improvements on this in recent updates to the program. See Importing selections for auto-trading and Importing selection data from a sheet (Excel). That will save the load on using the Excel link.

Betfair are soon going to extend their cross-matching to linked or connected markets in an event. Effectively this means cross-market arbitrage opportunities in an event will mostly disappear. I don't know if this will affect you but if you google "cross market liquidity pooling" you can read some more about this.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 12 Oct 2014, 20:57 »
Hi Mark

Thanks for the answer! Im not looking to arb in crossmarkets. I just need to compare the odds with 'my' odds comming from the database. If the betfair odd (u1.5 - u4.5) is below 'my' price i like to lay the under on betfair with the back price+1 tick e few min bevore the match. As easy as that..(okay the stake is calculated by 1/4 kelly but that should be fine with the MF i guess.
If its possible i have no problem loading the data from excel into the MF as long its done automated. Where can i find  this: "See Importing selections for auto-trading and Importing selection data from a sheet (Excel)"? I guess that would be very usefull!

Thanks, im looking forward to it :-)

« Reply #4 on: 13 Oct 2014, 07:22 »
Hi
The importing selections process is not fully automated, you have to manually run the import. Manual section Auto trading, and also manual section Excel interface.

Having described better what you want to do, I think you can do it directly from your Excel sheet in a trigger. Here is a basic trigger that will lay Under according to a value in an Excel cell (Mysheet!A1). You can add your own conditions according to your database.

Trigger action: Lay
Price: r_ticks(back_price,1)
Conditions:
markets minutes before the off is between 0.5 and 1.0
and selections index is equal to 1
and selections trigger expression back_price is less than cell_MySheet_A1

another example using league names:

Conditions:
AND
     OR
      markets name contains "Barclays"
    OR
      markets name contains "Championship"
      and selections trigger expression back_price is less than cell_MySheet_A2
etc...
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 13 Oct 2014, 21:04 »
Thanks Mark, truey e hero member  ;)

AND
     OR

Just a quick question:
How do i do that: in A1 i've got my under 1.5 Odd for "Barclays"; A2 under 2.5 for "Barclays" etc. Where, or how i add this to the trigger?

Thanks, i appreciate the help

« Reply #6 on: 13 Oct 2014, 22:27 »
Hi
Well I'm not quite sure of your Excel layout but perhaps something like this:

Conditions:
AND
     OR
      and market's name contains "1.5"
     OR
      and market's name contains "2.5"
      and selections trigger expression back_price is less than cell_MySheet_A2
     OR
      and market's name contains "3.5"
      and selections trigger expression back_price is less than cell_MySheet_A3
     OR
      and market's name contains "4.5"
      and selections trigger expression back_price is less than cell_MySheet_A4
    OR
      and market's name contains "1.5"
      and selections trigger expression back_price is less than cell_MySheet_A5
    OR
      and market's name contains "2.5"
      and selections trigger expression back_price is less than cell_MySheet_A6

etc...for the rest of your database. Keep adding OR condition blocks for all your selections. You only need to set this up once, but test it on a few selections first.

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 14 Oct 2014, 20:48 »
Thanks Mark! I try to set the bot up by the weekend for some testings!

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 16 Oct 2014, 15:20 »
Im testing the setting today with some random league games, to be ready for the weekend.

I've got an other question!
I like to add a different small strategy to the under 1.5 market to save some betfair commission. Is it possible to add this to the existing trigger from above?

Strat:
Also lay @ back_price + 1 tick (so no difference here).
- lay when score is 1-0 and the current under 1.5 odd is between lay price 2.00 and 1.2
 (when a late 1-0 goal goes in and the market is still building up again i like the trigger not to fire immediately. Here i like to avoid a bet sitting at 1.20 even when there is still 15min to go, and the 'real' market is around 1.80 after the market has settled a litte bit.)

Thanks..markV?  :)

« Reply #9 on: 16 Oct 2014, 16:38 »
Hi
add the following OR condition block:

OR
 markets name contains "1.5"
 and selections lay price is between 1.20 and 2.00
 and selections trigger expression market_score1 is equal to 1
 and selections trigger expression market_score2 is equal to 0
 and minutes since last suspension is greater than 1.50
 and selections back price is equal or greater than r_ticks(lay_price,-5)

the last 2 conditions are optional or you can amend the numbers to your preference
second last waits 90 seconds after a suspension for the market to reform
last ensures gap between best back and best lay price is 5 ticks or less

• All members
« Reply #10 on: 16 Oct 2014, 18:33 »
A huge thank you

• All members
« Reply #11 on: 16 Oct 2014, 21:49 »
An other silly question im affraid!
The file is called "value.xlsx"  and the sheet is named under_market ..
How can i connect this sheet page "under_market" to mf? I guess cell_under_market_A1 does not work, right?

« Reply #12 on: 16 Oct 2014, 22:32 »
Hi
Yes that's right. It works correctly without an underscore in the sheet name. Rename the sheet, save the .xlsx and redo the conditions to the new sheet name.

• All members
« Reply #13 on: 17 Oct 2014, 08:27 »
Ok, so i rename and save the sheet. Then i open the file klick 'launch excel' and mf connects automated to the right sheet and cell?

« Reply #14 on: 17 Oct 2014, 09:39 »
Hi
If you open the value.xlsx in Excel first, then click Launch Excel button, it will give a message there is an open instance of Excel, do you want to connect to this instance. Answer yes.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE