Author Topic: Updating list of bets [TCKTQVO-361385]  (Read 12797 times)

Tags:
  • Administrator
Updating list of bets [TCKTQVO-361385]
« on: 21 Dec 2013, 13:28 »
Copied from a support request:

I am testing ur software with the test mode on. Meanwhile i am having some problems for which i would like to ask for ur help.
It appears a message in the trigger window saying "waiting for an updated list of bets...", and the bets rn´t placed in the market.
I checked out the settings and in the betting options separator it says "update list of bets every 0,5 sec". Also in the monitoring options separator "the default refresh rate before off for both (idle and in-play refresh) is also 0,50 sec.
I´ve previously turned on the trigger botton in the centre upper (lamp). Also i´ve turned the trigger on for the specific markets in my markets (market locator). Likewise, i´ve started monitorizing the market manually pressing the arrow in the upper right corner of the main monitor of the MFD .
Also when the bet finally is placed (after sometime it seems it starts working), strangely it places twice a back bet (2 bets, one each time) even if have a conditions that says..."and selection´s number of unmatched back bets is equal or less than 1". The 1st wasn´t matched before the 2nd be placed. Therefore 2 unmatched bets appears in my account.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• Élite
Re: Updating list of bets [TCKTQVO-361385]
« Reply #1 on: 21 Dec 2013, 14:27 »
hi
it is better to set the bot to monitor the markets at a set time before the start time.
you do this in the monitring options, in the settings at the top right of the bot screen, under Market Refresh, you have to tick the start monitoring events at (set to how many minutes before the start time you want).
the reason why there are 2 bets placed, is because equal or less than 1 means place a bet if there is 1 or less bets, so the trigger places a bet this equals 1 the condition is if it equals 1 or less so anther bet is placed making 2 bets as this is now more than 1.
your condition should be is equal to 0
so there will only be 1 bet placed as it is more than 0
if you need help with your trigger conditions, please include the trigger.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 27 Dec 2013, 02:04 »
Hi mcbee,

Thanks.

I keep developing the trigger for scalping but i am having some problems with the close block funtion.

In the log of the trigger "closing andrepeating the block" it appears the error "trigger or trigger block is not found". Therefore the trigger doesn´t close and repeat.

I send you the trigger attached

Thanks  :) :) :)

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 27 Dec 2013, 02:46 »
Hi again,

I made a small change in the trigger close function. this time i used the repetitive backing and laying, renamed the trigger with that name and saved as a new version. In this case the error disappeared but instead of it appears the message "Waiting for an updated list of bets before the block can be closed"

The result is basically the same.

I am having dificulties with the close function, so if possible i would like to know:

1-What´s the diference between close and repeating the block and repetitive backing and laying?
2-If i want to put at zero all the values of the others triggers and repeat them (to make scalping) which one should i use?
3-what am i doing wrong with each one of them?

I send you both new and old version of the trigger attached.

• Élite
« Reply #4 on: 27 Dec 2013, 08:46 »
hi
you have named the closing trigger the same as the block in number 10, so you are telling the trigger to close its self.
rename the closing trigger to   close it   (or something else)
then set the trigger to close the block name    Repetitive backing and Laying   NOT the triggers name.
try this simple 1 trigger scalping, you do not need to close blocks and have back and lay triggers.
the less triggers you have the quicker the actions.
in the constants you can set
the time to stop placing bets
bet amount
maximum number of bets to place
the trigger will place a back bet, then place a lay bet to be matched, upto your set amount of bets placed.
the trigger records the selections index after the first bet, so that it uses the one selection and not jump from one to another if the favourites prices are close

please use test mode

mcbee

download the trigger below
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 27 Dec 2013, 17:36 »
Hi mcBee,

Thanks. I will check up the trigger you send and try to use as a basis to what i want.

Anyway, it would be important to understand the close block function to implement it in more complex triggers.

I tried to make the changes you told me to do, but i must be doing something very wrong.
The close block trigger (closing it) doesn´t work. Its trigger log is a blank page.  ??? ??? ???.

I send you attached the new version of the trigger. If you can, check if i made the changes you told me correctly.

• Élite
« Reply #6 on: 27 Dec 2013, 18:24 »
hi
i have checked your triggers and the close block does work.
your problem is in the lay trigger you have a condition
every selections number of matched lay bets is equal to 0
BUT you have a lay bet matched
and the same in your backing trigger
every selections number of matched back bets is equal to 0
BUT again you have a matched back bet.
remove these conditions if you want to have multiple bets.

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 27 Dec 2013, 19:21 »
Hi mcbee,

I deleted the condition "every selections number of matched" in both laying and baking triggers. Unfortunally the problem remains exactly the same. The close block trigger (closing it) doesn´t work. Its trigger log is a blank page.

I send you the new version of the trigger attached

Thanks

• Élite
« Reply #8 on: 27 Dec 2013, 20:25 »
hi
i have just tried your trigger and it works as per your conditions.
it places multiple back and lay bets.
in your lay trigger you do need the condition
and selections back matched is greater than 0.
so that the triggers place the back bet first.
but the close trigger works ok, i only set the log information about triggers, if there is a problem that i cannot work out, but your close trigger has no problems.
can you tell me what is not happening that you think should be.

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #9 on: 27 Dec 2013, 21:17 »
Hi,

I didn´t put the condition you advise me because i want that both bets are put at the same time, and not the lay bet just after the back bet have been matched.

Honestly i am completly lost with this trigger. With me it doesn´t work well. It puts 1 lay and 1 back bets, and that´s all. I´ve just checked the trigger log because of that.

I send you attached images of MF, perhaps with that u can find out what i am doing wrong.

Thanks

• Élite
« Reply #10 on: 27 Dec 2013, 22:02 »
hi
i have tested your trigger again and all works.
make sure that you have allowed the time machine through your firewall and antivirus software.
also make sure that you are running the time machine as administrator
here is a screenshot of some bets using the time machine.

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #11 on: 27 Dec 2013, 23:00 »
Hi mcbee,

I wasn´t running it as admnistrator, but i changed it now and it didn´t change the result.

In relation to change the permissions in both antivirus and firewall my litle knowledges in software don´t allow me to do that without help. Anyway, i have the same results without using the time machine.

A thing that i noticed and that can be related is that i can´t clone a profile. It says that..."unable to create such profile. May be you don´t have enough rights to create folder there or files missing". Do you know why?

What do you advise me to do? To contact the support?

• Élite
« Reply #12 on: 28 Dec 2013, 09:18 »
hi
try to create a new profile and see what happens.
if you select c:drive
select Program Files (x86)
click the right mouse button over the marketfeeder pro tm file
select properties
select security
now make sure that the names in the group or user names, all have full control.

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #13 on: 30 Dec 2013, 02:36 »
Hi mcbee,

I found out where the problem was ;D ;D ;D. As expected it was a simple thing but enough to make all those troubles.
I had the betting options settings as default. When i checked the "update bets individually for each market" and the "simultaneousely with....." Boxes it started putting several bets as it did with you.

I still can´t clone profiles, but i will try to contact the support to solve it.

As you advised me i will try to develop the trigger based in the trigger you sent me. I would like to make a scalping and one of the problems is when the price goes in an oposite direction of the not matched bet. The bet keeps opened and in the conditions i want it would remain without putting more bets until it get matched. To solve it, instead of a stop losses i would like the trigger to maintain the bet opened to be matched later if the direction of the odds change. And from time to time to reboot the trigger to make it to put new lay and back bets undependently if there are or aren´t  unmatched bets.

Explaining it better: lets suppose i start putting bets 10 minuts before the start time, 3 and 7 minuts later, i would like the trigger restart putting new lay and back bets as there weren´t unmatched bets. E.G. if the trigger puts 1st a back bet 10 minuts before the start, and 3 minuts later remains an unmatched lay bet, i want that bet to remain opened and that the trigger restarts the process putting a new back bet.

Is that possible?

• All members
« Reply #14 on: 30 Dec 2013, 14:02 »
Hi again,

I was thinking and i realised that probably permanent points in time isn´t the best way to restart the process avoiding dead times.

I would prefer to create a condition that restarts the process if there are a bet that remains unmatched for more than a certain time or if the odds changes more than a certain number of ticks or % in relation to the odd of that same unmatched bet.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE