Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by bamthwok on 03 Jun 2013
  • Hi,

After quite some time off, I'm trying to get at terms with latest MF version.

I have a simple question:

At the beginning of my trigger I'm defining a couple of user variables. Now I want to use these variables in my trigger conditions.

For example I create the user variable "GAP": =r_4_back_price/r_3_back_price.

Now I want to define the condition to bet if GAP>2.

How can I set this condition into the conditions window?

I know I can set an "if condition" under "amount" or "price"  but for easier developing of a trigger it would be much better if I could use the user variable in the condition window.

For example:

Condition:

user variable "GAP" is greater than 2.

Is it possible? That's especially useful if one creates more than 2 or 3 user variables.

Looking forward to getting some ideas.

Cheers,
    hegisin
  • #2 by mcbee on 03 Jun 2013
  • hi
    use
    and selections trigger expression gap is equal or greater than 2

mcbee
  • #3 by bamthwok on 03 Jun 2013
  • Hi McBee,

Many thanks for quick reply. Yeah, that's pretty easy and obvious.  It seems that I've forgotten about the basics.  ::)

I assume that would work also with any other variable, even if the character of it is more of a market variable?

For example, I create a user variable "Forecast_Book" which shall return the book percentage of the top three forecast runners.

Variable "Forecast_Book" is calculated as follows:

((1/(r_1_silk_numerator/r_1_silk_denominator+1))+(1/(r_2_silk_numerator/r_2_silk_denominator+1))+(1/(r_3_silk_numerator/r_3_silk_denominator+1)))*100

Now, can I use:

Selection's  Trigger Expression  "Forecast_Book" is greater than 70 ; although Forecast_Book is not related to a specific selection?

Cheers,
    hegisin
  • #4 by mcbee on 03 Jun 2013
  • hi
    yes, because a variable is a name with a value or word, a variable is only connected to a selection when you use it as a condition for a selection.

mcbee
  • #5 by bamthwok on 03 Jun 2013
  • Hi McBee,

Alright, thanks again for clarification.

Cheers,
    hegisin
Pages:
Actions