Author Topic: Using a Database  (Read 3163 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Using a Database
« on: 14 Aug 2012, 17:41 »
Is it possible using excel to have database of horses to store info for my staking plan eg:

Horse 1 - £10
Horse 2 - £15
Horse 3 - £9

Could my trigger look up the selection in the excel sheet and read the amount?

I hope that makes sense.  I am pretty good with triggers but never used the excel side and am a little stuck

Cheers

Re: Using a Database
« Reply #1 on: 15 Aug 2012, 11:17 »
Hi
I’m sure you could do this in Excel, but I’m not going to look at that. Instead I was wondering if using ‘is in file’ is possible:

File A contains list of selections for which your stake is 10
File B contains list of selections for which your stake is 15
File C contains list of selections for which your stake is 9
etc.

set uservar Stake
value 10
condition: selection’s name is in File A

set uservar Stake
value 15
condition: selection’s name is in File B

set uservar Stake
value 9
condition: selection’s name is in File C
etc.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 15 Aug 2012, 18:48 »
Thanks for the reply, I am sure that would work but I would rather have the excel version if anyone can help explain how to do it?

Cheers

« Reply #3 on: 16 Aug 2012, 10:46 »
Hi
I passed on your original question because I am not expert in Excel, but here is just an idea using Excel’s VLOOKUP function http://www.techonthenet.com/excel/formulas/vlookup.php
and perhaps 2 MFP custom cells.

The principle would be something along these lines:
identify your selection using MFP
pass the selection’s name to custom cell 1
use VLOOKUP to look up the selection in your database and return the amount to custom cell 2
in your betting trigger amount field your expression would refer to custom cell 2
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 16 Aug 2012, 11:06 »
I would second MarkV regarding "is in file". Will work times faster than doing it via Excel.

But if you insist on Excel, then do it through "Importing selection data from a sheet". Read the corresponding chapter in the manual: Excel Interface - Importing selection data from a sheet. It contains detailed instructions with a trigger example. You would need to adjust it to your circumstances.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 16 Aug 2012, 18:03 »
The problem is each horse will have a different figure, I guess I can't do that with text files??

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE